1. Minister of Defence, Mansur Dan-Ali, among others have been dumped by President Muhammadu Buhari.
Buhari in the list of ministerial nominees forwarded to the Senate on Tuesday had Senator Godswill Akpabio, Gbemisola Saraki, Lai Mohammed George Akume, while Minister of Defence, Mansur Dan Ali, Ibe Kachikwu Solomon Dalung, Audu Ogbeh were not re-appointed.
2. President Muhammadu Buhari has commiserated with the families of Precious Owolabi, an NYSC member serving with Channels Television and Deputy Commissioner of Police, Usman Umar, of the FCT Police Command.
In a statement on his Twitter page Tuesday, Buhari sent condolences to the management and staff of Channels Television and the Police leadership over the sad and regrettable loss.
3. Azagbene federated communities in Ekeremor Local Government Area, of Bayelsa state, was on Tuesday, thrown into confusion, following the alleged invasion of the community by operatives of the Joint Task Force (JTF), over the killing of two personnel by suspected criminals.
The killing of the Army personnel has continued to draw attention of individual, government and the Civil Society Organizations (CSOs), who described it as barbaric and unfortunate.
4. The Senate has announced the postponement of its annual recess by one week.
The Chairman, Senate ad hoc committee on Media and Public Affairs, Senator Adedayo Adeyeye, said this was to enable members screen the ministerial nominees forwarded to it by President Muhammadu Buhari.
5. Tragedy was on Tuesday averted at the Murtala Mohammed International Airport, Lagos State, as flight B737 aircraft belonging to AirPeace lost one of its front tyres.
The aircraft, which took off from Port Harcourt, Rivers State, crash-landed as the female pilot tried to control the situation, but, no casualty was recorded as emergency personnel were on ground to have the situation in full control.
6. The General Overseer of the Latter Rain Assembly, Lagos State, Pastor Tunde Bakare, has said he wishes the incoming ministers the best as they pilot the affairs of the country.
Bakare, who was once the vice-presidential candidate of the defunct Congress for Progressives Change, CPC, and Buhari’s running mate in the 2011 general election, also asked God to give the incoming ministers, the grace and wisdom to make the President’s second term better than the first.
7. The US Government has imposed visa restrictions on “individuals responsible for undermining the Nigerian democratic process.”
A spokesperson of the US Department of State, Ms Morgan Ortagus, explained that the action applied to those responsible for election-related violence.
8. Members of the Biafra Zionists Federation, BZF, appears bent on their further push for the restoration of the defunct Biafra.
The self-acclaimed President of the BZF, Barr. Benjamin Onwuka, penciled names of some prominent persons for inauguration as cabinet members, including Prof. Pat Utomi as foreign minister, Arunma Otteh minister of finance, Prof. Chuwkuma Soludo, Central Bank Governor, Maxwell Mba Okpo, minister of petroleum, Amarachi Ubani, minister of information, May Okafor, Trade and Industry, Gabrierl Oluwole Osagie, minister of education, Jerry Gana, transportation, Labaran Maku, aviation, Secretary to the Government, Benie Lar, Dr. Uzodinma Achebe, UN Ambassador, Dr, John Nnia Nwodo, US Ambassador.
9. The International Centre for Justice, ICJ, (Africa Regional Affairs) has condemned the murder of Precious Owolabi, a member of the National Youth Service Corps attached to Channels TV, during a clash between security personnel and members of the Islamic Movement in Nigeria on Monday in Abuja.
ICJ said the killings and destruction of properties have effectively moved IMN from the band of an organization protesting for rights restoration to one that can officially be designated a terrorist group, adding that to the extent that it receives resources from Iran across borders qualifies it as an international terrorist organization.
10. The Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) has condoled with family of Mr Precious Owolabi, a National Youth Service Corps (NYSC) member attached to Channels Television who was killed in Abuja during a clash between the Shiites and the police.
The party in a statement issued by its National Publicity Secretary, Mr Kola Ologbondiyan, on Tuesday in Abuja, said it was saddened by the death of Owolabi, DCP Usman Umar and other Nigerians.
Nigeria records 226 new cases of COVID-19… 131 in Lagos and 25 in Ogun
Buhari government speaks on paying N-Power beneficiaries
Leah Sharibu’s mother ready to accept Boko Haram in-law
Buhari meets with Governors, Ministers as Nigerians await update on lockdown ease
Bishop Oyedepo reveals number of COVID-19 cases healed at Winners Chapel
BREAKING: Abia Commissioner for Environment, Solomon Ogunji is dead
Unilever Nigeria Plc Management Trainee Programme
Nollywood actress, Emilia Dike slumps and dies in Enugu
216 new cases of COVID-19 recorded in Nigeria as confirmed cases rise to 6175
265 new cases of COVID-19 recorded in Nigeria
Co-Founder at Logistics/Administration Manager
Independent Agent at Dardam Nigeria
Policy Support Lead at Gender Mobile Initiative
Supply Chain & Accounts Officer at Funtay Group
‘NNPC appointment always on transparency, accountability’
Account and Admin Officer at Promasidor Nigeria
Trainsmart Consultancy Limited Job Recruitment (5 Positions)
Secretary at Trainsmart Consultancy Limited
Civil Engineer – Construction at Trainsmart Consultancy Limited
Business Development Officer at a Leading Construction / Oil and Gas Servicing Company – Trainsmart Consultancy Limited
Metro4 years ago
Cheating wife stuck to man in an hotel
News2 months ago
Sanusi reveals why he can return as Emir of Kano [Watch video]
latest news3 years ago
N-Power releases names of pre-selected 2017 N-TEACH [FULL LIST]
Entertainment4 years ago
Funke Akindele replies to Buhari’s comment
News2 months ago
Outrage as professor of medicine is accused of “colluding” with late Coronavirus patient to hide his travel history from doctors, nurses and burial attendants in Kwara
Metro4 years ago
World’s oldest man,aged 145, discovered in Indonesia
music3 years ago
UNCLE G epic musical video shoot
latest news10 months ago
IMF’s Christine Lagarde resigns as Managing Director