Following the new video released by Islamic sect Boko Haram saying they would release the abducted Chibok school girls if the Nigerian government would release its arrested members, the journalist Ahmed Salkida who often acts as intermediary and peace-broker between Nigerian officials and Boko Haram in the past has been declared wanted.
Nigerian goverment really want to know if he is in possession of information that could lead to arrest of the sect leaders.
Others declared wanted by the Nigerian army are Ahmed U. Bolori and Aisha Wakil. Ahmed Bolori has described himself as ambassador of peace and he runs an NGO in North-East Nigerian where Boko Haram is very active. But authority said he might be withholding key information that could lead to the capture of Boko Haram commanders.
Aisha Wakil is a barrister and known as Mama Boko Haram. This gives an indication of the closeness she has with Boko Haram insiders. She is seen as a kind of nurturing mother-figure within the sect.
In a related news, the federal government has reacted to the video through the Minister of information and culture, Lai Mohammed.
Mr. Mohammed said though the split of the leadership of the sect has further compounded the situation, yet authority is on top of the situation.
“We are also being guided by the need to ensure the safety of the girls. Since this is not the first time we have been contacted over the issue, we want to be sure that those we are in touch with are who they claim to be”, the minister said.
More than 200 school girls of Chibok, Borno, were abducted by the Boko Haram terrorist on April 14, 2014. Few gained their freedom, while many are still in the hook of the terrorists of which some have been identified by their parents as their daughters in various videos released by the group from unidentified locations.
The latest video shows the Boko Haram spokesperson demanding the release of their member in exchange for the girls they kidnapped. About 5o of the girls are show in the video background, wearing ijab scarfs, hopelessly looking as those who have resigned themselves to their fate.
One of the girls, who was identified as Dorcas by her parents Mr. and Mrs Yakur, was allowed to speak to the camera and she pleaded with Nigerian government to please listen to the sect and give what they want so she and other girls can gain their freedom. The girls have been abducted by Boko Haram for more than 2 years.
The video which was first released on Twitter by Ahmed Sakilda, show Boko Haram spokesperson saying there was no ongoing negotiation the government. He said they don’t talk with government but journalists.
Sakilda said the video, which is the third so far and the second this year, was sent to him by Shekahu’s faction of Boko Haram.
Metro4 years ago
Cheating wife stuck to man in an hotel
News2 months ago
Sanusi reveals why he can return as Emir of Kano [Watch video]
latest news3 years ago
N-Power releases names of pre-selected 2017 N-TEACH [FULL LIST]
Entertainment4 years ago
Funke Akindele replies to Buhari’s comment
News2 months ago
Outrage as professor of medicine is accused of “colluding” with late Coronavirus patient to hide his travel history from doctors, nurses and burial attendants in Kwara
Metro4 years ago
World’s oldest man,aged 145, discovered in Indonesia
music3 years ago
UNCLE G epic musical video shoot
latest news10 months ago
IMF’s Christine Lagarde resigns as Managing Director