Details of how the remains of missing Journalist Henry Tordue Salem was allegedly found by the Police have emerged.
Salem, a Vanguard reporter who went missing on the 13th of October, 2021 was found dead on November 11th, 2021 after a 29-year-old driver confessed to killing him around the Mabushi area of Abuja.
In a statement on Friday, giving vivid details, Force Public Relations Officer, Frank Mba said Salem’s body was identified at a Wuse General Hospital morgue after forensic leads were recovered from his sim card found at the ‘Good Friends garage’ at Mpape.
The statement read: “Henry’s movement was trailed up to BJ Gardens located somewhere in Garki close to old CBN. A young lady that had an interaction with him on the night of disappearance was located, and detectives spoke to her. From that point, investigators expanded their investigation by working on different suppositions and hypotheses.
The Police said, “A breakthrough was, however, made when following some digital and forensic leads. His phone, an iPhone 6 that had already been smashed into pieces was trailed and found in a garage somewhere in Mpape called the ‘Good Friends’ garage.
“It was discovered that a text call was made from his SIM card and following detailed and intensive digital and forensic analysis on both his CDR and IMEI and the scrap phone, a major arrest and breakthrough was made. One Itoro Clement, who happens to be a commercial driver in charge of a Toyota Camry 2014 model with registration number, BWR 243 DK was subsequently arrested.
“On interrogation, Itoro Clement, after hitting him, drove his vehicle to ‘Good Friends’ garage where he normally parks his vehicle every night for a fee. At that point in time, his vehicle was already badly damaged. The windshield suffered major damage. The image of the damage was retrieved from his phone. He parked his car and left it there and went away. The next morning when he arrived at the garage, he found a phone broken and stuck in between the smashed windshield.
“The phone itself has already been smashed. He pulled it out and threw it away. But some other young persons, playing in that garage, eventually picked up that phone. Part of the components of this phone was allegedly sold off by the kids while they tried to make a text call with the SIM card.
“On the strength of this, detectives moved to the General Hospital that covers that area. Yesterday, the 11th of November, 2021, after a lot of painstaking searches, a body believed to be that of Henry Tordue Salem was found at about 11:20 am at the Wuse General Hospital morgue.
“Detectives have already contacted the family members and this body has been positively identified by family members as that of Henry Tordue Salem.
“In addition to that physical and positive identification, detectives also searched the body of the late journalist and these items were recovered: 1. A Keystone bank debit card bearing his name, Union Bank debit card bearing his name, ID card issued by Vanguard Newspapers identifying him as Henry Tordue Salem and a staff and a temporary ID card from the National Assembly identifying him as a member of the House of Reps, Press Corps.” From that point, investigators expanded their investigation by working on different suppositions and hypotheses.
No president will say there won’t be banditry next year — Lai Mohammed
The Minister of Information and Culture, Lai Mohammed has said that no president will say banditry will next year.
Lai Mohammed said this while responding to a question on whether the current security challenges would end before President Muhammadu Buhari leaves office in 2023.
Responding to the question at a press conference on Wednesday December 15, Lai Mohammed said;
“Nobody, I’m not sure any president will say by next year there will be no banditry. It is just like saying by next year, there will be no thief.
“But what is important is that they should judge us by our achievement. We’ve not thrown our hands in the air. There was a time they asked us to hire mercenaries, but our soldiers are doing their best in these circumstances.”
Buhari jets out Turkey for summit
President Muhammadu Buhari will on Thursday leave Abuja for Istanbul, Turkey, to attend the third Turkey-Africa Partnership Summit, hosted by President Recep Tayyip Erdogan of the Republic of Turkey.
According to the organisers, the theme of the Summit is ‘‘Enhanced Partnership for Common Development and Prosperity’’ and the agenda includes reviewing the cooperation between African countries and Turkey since the last Summit in 2014.
This was disclosed in a statement by Garba Shehu, the Senior Special Assistant to the President on Media & Publicity, on Thursday morning.
The third Turkey-Africa Partnership Summit is coming on the heels of President Erdogan’s recent State visit to Nigeria during which several agreements in the fields of energy, defence industry, mining and hydrocarbons were signed to expand existing bilateral ties.
The Turkish leader had during the visit to Nigeria, affirmed his commitment to immediately expand the volume of trade between the two countries to 5 billion dollars and the Nigerian delegation will seize the opportunity of the gathering in Istanbul to enhance cooperation with other partners for more trade and investment opportunities in the country.
It is expected that the Summit would provide guidelines and direction for cooperation with African countries for the next five years.
President Buhari will be accompanied on the trip by his wife, Aisha Buhari; the Ministers of Foreign Affairs, Geoffrey Onyeama; Defence, Maj-Gen. Bashir Magashi (Rtd); FCT, Mohammed Bello; Health, Dr. Osagie Ehanire; Agriculture, Mohammed Abubakar; Industry, Trade and Investment, Adeniyi Adebayo; the National Security Adviser, Maj.-Gen. Babagana Monguno (Rtd); and the Director-General of the National Intelligence Agency, Ambassador Ahmed Rufai Abubakar.
The President is expected back in Abuja on Sunday, December 19.
2023 presidency: I’m not going to turn it down – Tinubu
The National Leader of the All Progressives Congress (APC), Asiwaju Bola Tinubu, has said he will not turn down the calls of those asking him to contest for president in 2023.
Tinubu stated this after a meeting with leaders of the Northern Alliance Committee in Abuja on Tuesday.
Speaking to journalists after the meeting, the former Governor of Lagos said he would, however, make consultations before officially announcing a decision on the matter.
“I’m not going to turn them down but I will still effectively and widely consult, particularly brainstorm with my friends and find a date to come out openly to tell Nigerians.
“But the president is still in office. I don’t want to distract him from all the challenges that he might face today.
“So, don’t muddle the political water. Consult, make our programme known to the people later,” Tinubu said.
Austine Eguavoen: Super Eagles coach’s pay structure revealed
Dollar to naira exchange rate today 20 January 2022
Osun Election: Adeleke family split over Guber ticket as Davido fumes against cousin
Photos from Alao Akala’s candle night
Toyin Abraham slams those ‘talking down’ her husband
Minna district head suspended over forceful marriage
AMCON MD, Ahmed Kuru, allegedly in EFCC net
Court orders Army to pay N1bn, apologize to Nnamdi Kanu for invading his house
Buhari Never Directed Fuel Subsidy Removal, Says Senate President Lawan
Tinubu makes promises if elected President
Nigeria suspends cooking gas export
Dollar to naira exchange rate today 14 January 2022
Company targets 4,000 Nigerians on meter manufacturing, installation training
Lagos APC backs Tinubu as he declares presidential ambition to Buhari
Dollar to naira exchange rate today 11 January 2022
Amotekun searchs forests in South-West as terrorists flee North-West
Arewa laments worsened Nigerian insecurity under Buhari’s regime
There’ll be level playing ground for all presidential aspirants– PDP Chairman to Momodu
AFCON: Okocha names most important player in Super Eagles
Dollar to naira exchange rate today 12 January 2022
Metro5 years ago
Cheating wife stuck to man in an hotel
latest news4 years ago
N-Power releases names of pre-selected 2017 N-TEACH [FULL LIST]
News2 years ago
Sanusi reveals why he can return as Emir of Kano [Watch video]
Entertainment5 years ago
Funke Akindele replies to Buhari’s comment
Metro2 years ago
Kobe Bryant: 9 bodies recovered from scene of helicopter crash
News2 years ago
Outrage as professor of medicine is accused of “colluding” with late Coronavirus patient to hide his travel history from doctors, nurses and burial attendants in Kwara
Metro5 years ago
World’s oldest man,aged 145, discovered in Indonesia
music4 years ago
UNCLE G epic musical video shoot