Connect with us

Metro

Coronavirus: No plan for Nigerians residing in China

Published

on


The Ministry of Foreign Affairs has no plan for Nigerians residing in China despite worries about the spread of endemic coronavirus.

A spokesperson for the ministry, Kimiebi Ebienfa,Tuesday said that “for now, no plans are being made to evacuate Nigerians in China”, Premium Times reported.

He referred further enquiries to the health ministry who said they were focused on ensuring the disease does not spread to Nigeria.

Since the increase in the outbreak of the virus, countries around the world are planning to repatriate their citizens. So far, Wuhan, a province in China has recorded over 100 deaths, while more than 4,500 persons have been confirmed infected.

An unnamed student in Cote d’Ivoire has also reportedly contacted the virus. She arrived from Beijing on Saturday and has since been quarantined by the Ivorian government.

Despite the growing concerns on the spread of coronavirus, Nigeria’s Ministry of Foreign Affairs has no plan in place for Nigerians residing in China.

A spokesperson for the ministry, Kimiebi Ebienfa, when contacted by a PREMIUM TIMES reporter on Tuesday, said that “for now, no plans are being made to evacuate Nigerians in China”.

He referred further enquiries to the health ministry who said they were focused on ensuring the disease does not spread to Nigeria.

Since the increase in the outbreak of the virus, countries around the world are planning to repatriate their citizens. So far, Wuhan, a province in China has recorded over 100 deaths, while more than 4,500 persons have been confirmed infected.

An unnamed student in Cote d’Ivoire has also reportedly contacted the virus. She arrived from Beijing on Saturday and has since been quarantined by the Ivorian government.

Click to comment

Leave a Reply

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.