- Over 1,000 men of the Nigerian Army have been deployed to Lagos for the flag off of Exercise Crocodile Smile II.
The personnel, including the Special Boat Services of the Nigerian Navy are currently in Tarkwa Bay area of Lagos for the flag off.
- President Muhammadu Buhari last night had a closed-door meeting with the leadership of Ohanaeze Ndigbo, South East governors and Ministers from the area.
Buhari told the participants at the meeting that the counterpart funding from the Chinese government would substantially critical projects in the zone, which when completed will improve the welfare, well-being and economy of the people in the region.
- Former Niger Delta warlord, Mujaheed Asari Dokubo has attacked Vice President, Yemi Osinbajo, describing him as a great liar, who now had PhD in lying. The ex-militant leader said this in a video he shared on Friday in reaction to the NNPC contract saga.
The body of Ex-Supreme Court Judge, Justice Saifullahi Coommassie, who died early hours of Friday, has been buried in his hometown, Zaria, Kaduna State. Coommassie reportedly died at the age of 71 after a brief illness.
The Federal Government has listed 18 states that will benefit from the $500 million World Bank assisted project. The National Coordinator, Rural Access and Mobility Project, RAMP, Ularamu Ubandoma, said they will join the already benefiting ones to share from the 500 million dollars World Bank fund.
Nigerians and socio-cultural groups on Friday lashed out at President Muhammadu Buhari over his alleged request that the World Bank should focus on the North.
They described the request as a proof that Buhari’s administration favoured the North. The President of the World Bank Group, Jim Yong Kim, had at a press conference on Thursday in Washington DC, United States, said that the bank had concentrated on the northern Nigeria, in line with Buhari’s request.
- Ayodele Fayose, governor of Ekiti state, has accused President Muhammadu Buhari of promoting disunity in Nigeria.
Fayose alleged that Buhari’s “one-sidedness” has stoked the embers of hate and division in the country. He spoke in reaction to the comments of Jim Kim, president of World Bank, who said Buhari asked the institution to focus on the northern part of the country.
- Ahead of Delta State 2019 general election, a Chieftain of the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, in Samagidi-Kokori Community, Ethiope-East Local Government Area, Chief Godwin Ogbetuo JP, today dumped the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP and led over three thousand of his members to the All Progressive Congress, APC, the main opposition party in the State.
In his speech, Ogbetuo stated that for Nigeria to move forward, APC remains the only party with meaningful programmes for development.
- The federal high court in Kainji, Niger state, has convicted 45 Boko Haram members to between three to 31 years in prison.
The insurgents were convicted following the conclusion of the first phase of the trial during which 575 Boko Haram suspects were arraigned.
- The Indigenous People of Biafra (IPOB) has described itself as the “biggest mass movement anywhere on earth”, vowing to retain its name.
IPOB accused the government of working with some notable groups in the region to “give the impression that IPOB is no more”.
Coronavirus: Lagos govt approves N5,000 cash transfer to residents
George Floyd was murdered by Minneapolis cop Derek Chauvin after knee on his neck ’caused asphyxia that led to lack of blood flow to brain’, Independent autopsy reveals
New video shows three Minneapolis officers kneeling on George Floyd before he died
Lady Gaga brands Trump a ‘racist’ and a ‘fool’ as she calls for change following George Floyd’s murder
I don’t have a girlfriend – Anthony Joshua opens up on his challenges in finding true love
Sanusi speaks on moves against Adesina, says AfDB rules must be respected
15 former African Presidents and Prime Minister back Adesina over calls for independent investigation against him
ICPC probes diversion of COVID-19 funds, relief material
2023: Olusegun Bamgbose declares for president, picks Yusuf Buhari as running mate
President Buhari loses nephew, Ibrahim Dauda
One out of three almajiris from Kaduna test positive for COVID-19 in Sokoto
COVID-19 hits 12,233 in Nigeria as NCDC announces 389 new cases
Federal Govt makes clearification on absorbing N-Power volunteers into Civil Service
Retired vicar, 81, who married Romanian toyboy, 27, has passed away and his husband says he’s ready to enjoy his £150k inheritance and £2,000-a-month pension
Avoid worship centers – Lagos health commissioner tells residents above 65
Father arrested for allegedly defiling his two daughters
57 New York police officers resign from ERT after two of their colleagues were suspended for shoving a 75-year-old man to the ground during protest
Ronaldo becomes first billionaire ever in football
Premier League fixtures for the remaining 92 matches of the 2019/20 season with dates and kick-off times revealed
42 percent of Nigerians lost their jobs due to Coronavirus – NBS
Metro4 years ago
Cheating wife stuck to man in an hotel
latest news3 years ago
N-Power releases names of pre-selected 2017 N-TEACH [FULL LIST]
News3 months ago
Sanusi reveals why he can return as Emir of Kano [Watch video]
Entertainment4 years ago
Funke Akindele replies to Buhari’s comment
News2 months ago
Outrage as professor of medicine is accused of “colluding” with late Coronavirus patient to hide his travel history from doctors, nurses and burial attendants in Kwara
Metro4 years ago
World’s oldest man,aged 145, discovered in Indonesia
music3 years ago
UNCLE G epic musical video shoot
latest news11 months ago
IMF’s Christine Lagarde resigns as Managing Director