Management Systems International – A Tetra Tech Company, is an international development consulting firm based in Washington, D.C. and founded in 1981 by Marina Fanning and Larry Cooley. In 2016, MSI became a Tetra Tech company.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Capacity Building Specialist, USAID/Nigeria Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning Support Activity
Job Type: Local Staff
Job Classification: Proposal (conditional)
- The Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning Support Activity for USAID/Nigeria will assist the Mission with performance monitoring, evaluation and learning, including field-based monitoring; data quality assessments; data gathering and verification; evaluations and special studies/assessments; the collection of context indicators; organizational learning; and knowledge management.
- MSI is seeking a Capacity Building Specialist who will be responsible for leading and overseeing the capacity-building technical assistance to be provided to USAID and implementing partner staff on monitoring and evaluation (M&E) topics.
- Support will include classroom training, coaching and mentoring. MSI anticipates this to be a full-time position over a five-year period. Kindly note that this position is contingent upon award and USAID approval.
- Adapt or develop appropriate capacity-building materials and technical assistance plans to address M&E needs of USAID staff and implementing partner staff.
- Develop and apply a variety of capacity assessment methods to determine M&E capacity needs.
- Design capacity building strategies based on those needs.
- Create and conduct training and other capacity building activities as developed in the strategies.
- Coach and mentor USAID and implementing partner staff to help them apply M&E concepts learned during training in their jobs.
- Conduct other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant discipline from an accredited university.
- At least five (5) years of proven work experience in the field of M&E and/or capacity building.
- Demonstrated skills in capacity building, training and performance monitoring and evaluation.
- Demonstrated experience working on donor-funded projects.
- Knowledge and ability to use Microsoft Office programs.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Only Nigerian citizens are eligible for this position
- Only candidates who have been selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
- MSI is an EEO/AA/ADA Veterans Employer.