Transcorp Power Limited (TPL) is the power subsidiary of Transnational Corporation of Nigeria Plc (Transcorp). It is the owner and operator of Ugheli power plant in Warri, Delta State. TPL is a leader in the Nigerian power space and manages Transcrorp PLC’s strategic interest in the power sector.
Transcorp Power Limited is the largest fossil-fuel based power generating station in the country. The plant has installed capacity of 972 MW; and is capable of generating 2500 GWh of electricity annually.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Head, Human Resources Lead
Job ID: 107
Location: Ughelli, Delta
Department/Function: Human Resources
Job Level: Experienced (Non-Manager)
Job Type: Full Time
- To ensure effectiveness in managing, developing, motivating and retaining staff within the plant while ensuring impact on the bottom line
- Interpret, implement and ensure compliance with approved HR policies, processes and procedures at TPL.
- Implement approved talent management activities (resourcing, performance management, training, career management, succession planning, induction & orientation) plans, strategies, policies and procedures
- Implement attraction and retention strategies for keeping top performing talents of the company
- Implement approved compensation, payroll, and Records approved plans, strategies, policies and procedures
- Develop effective working relationships with TUPL’s management team to ensure the delivery of approved HR plans to support the achievement of business areas and HR strategies
- Identify gaps in existing HR policies compared to business needs and contribute to the update and implementation of HR policies and procedures within the business area.
- Monitor the Performance management system in line with business objectives
- Coordinate the implementation of the Performance Management System including providing training on the use of performance management tools to all staff categories for proper understanding of responsibilities
- Identify and assess skills gap and training needs for each employee from recruitment and appraisal outcomes, planned operations, and regular consultation with Functional Heads/Line Managers
- Minimum of first degree in Social sciences, Humanities, Business Administration or any relevant discipline is required
- Professional certification in Human resources from the Chartered Institute of Personnel Management (CIPM) Nigeria or its overseas equivalent (e.g. HR Certification Institute (HRCI), Chartered Institute of Personnel Development (CIPD)
- MBA or Masters’ degree in a related discipline is an added advantage
- Minimum of 8 years relevant experience in a senior generalist HR role within similar industry
Application Closing Date
30th September, 2020.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online