Babban Gona Agricultural Franchise is a financially sustainable, high impact and highly scalable social enterprise, which is part-owned by the farmers it serves. Babban Gona is an innovative model designed to serve the bottom of the pyramid and transform agriculture into a job-creation engine. Through this agricultural franchise, Babban Gona offers a suite of services to smallholder farmers, helping them to overcome the challenges of fragmentation and low economies of scale.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Associate, Corporate Finance
- Develop schedule for investment transactions and analyze efficiency, trends, revenues and financial commitment to project future revenues and expenses.
- Manage and organize operational data to determine costs of operations and establish standard costs.
- Provide creative solutions to reduce costs and improve financial performance
- Conduct financial processes and procedures, prepare reports and supporting documents and provide regular updates to Finance Team.
- Consult with the Corporate Finance team to guide and influence long term strategic thinking.
- Review monthly expenses to ensure that expenses are booked correctly and work with the finance team to make any necessary reclassification.
- Demonstrate appropriate understanding / working knowledge of accounting principles and internal controls, and apply them.
- Advise on how to meet targets and create investment capital; and generate finance from shares and loans.
- Gather, analyse and interpret complicated numerical information.
- Assess and predict financial risks and returns; use financial modelling to predict outcomes.
- Negotiate and structure financial details; provide investment advice, tactics and recommendations
- Assist in preparation and analysis of annual budgets and long range plans.
- Prepare consolidated forecasts and analyze trends in revenue, expense, capital expenditures and other related areas.
- Conduct complex business analysis including ROI, NPV and IRR, making recommendations to management on new products, features, pricing, marketing promotions, based on historical financial data.
- Research, analyze and synthesize data from multiple sources into business information as directed and by self-identification of business information needs.
- Work with management and business units to determine strategic objectives and identify opportunities to meet these goals.
- Prepare financial and business-related analysis and research in such areas as financial and expense performance, rate of return, depreciation, working capital, and investments.
- Assist with compilation and analysis of consolidated budgets and long range plans.
- This position reports to Principal, Corporate Finance.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, Banking, Business or Economics (Master’s degree in finance and/or MBA preferred)
- Profound know-how in advanced financial analysis and investment banking
- Leadership experience in financial analysis coupled with relevant accounting experience.
- Proficient in Excel Spreadsheets, MS Office and Financial Software applications.
- Bear strong analytical skills.
- Strong financial analysis skills and quantitative analysis planning
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills as well as technology and Learning organization.
- Excellent communication skills: Fluent oral and written English.
Start Up Environment:
- Thrives in a fast paced, start-up environment with dynamic business priorities.
Unlocking Potential of Team Members:
- Extensive experience and passion for coaching/ mentoring a team.
Detailed Orientation and Managing Complexity:
- Extensive experience leading a complex organization and passion for getting into details to identify root cause of issues and create innovative solutions.
- Competitive salary
- Health Insurance
- Performance Bonus
- Annual paid vacation
- Group Life Insurance
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online