Obong University is built on a foundation of Christian values and the highest standards of academic excellence. At Obong, students are empowered to improve their competence and independence in ways that prepare them to be of benefit to society and God’s kingdom.
Obong University is located in the quiet country town of Obong Ntak and offers an excellent environment for academic activities and self-development. We are proud of the friendly, neighborly atmosphere of the surrounding community that visitors find to be highly refreshing.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Bursar
Location: Obong Ntak, Akwa Ibom
- The Bursar is a Principal Officer and is responsible to the Vice-Chancellor for the day-to-day administration and control of financial affairs of the University
- The Bursar is a member of the University Management and the Heed of the University Bursary.
Qualifications and Experience
- A good (Honours) Degree / Higher National Diploma in Accounting plus fifteen (15) years relevant post-qualification experience, plus professional membership in any of the following: ICAN / ACA / ACCA / ACMA / ANAN with ten (10) years relevant post-qualification experience
- Candidates must be proficient in use of relevant accounting software packages
- Must have served for not less than five (5) years at the level of Deputy Bursar in a University or comparable institution.
Application Closing Date
15th September, 2020.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates are required to submit fifteen (15) copies of their Application, Curriculum Vitae and photocopies of their credentials. The Curriculum Vitae should highlight the following in the order indicated below:
- Full name (surname first in capital letters)
- Place and Date of Birth
- Marital Status
- Number and Ages of Children
- E-mail address
- Telephone number
- Postal Address
- Permanent Home Address
- State of Origin and LGA
- Schools Attended and Qualifications obtained with dates
- Current Employment and Positions held with dates
- Previous Employment(s) / Position(s) / Date(s)
- Membership of Professional Bodies
- Names and Addresses of three (3) Referees with email addresses and phone numbers.
Each applicant should request each of his / her referees to forward, direct to the Registrar, a confidential report on the applicant’s character, academic and managerial ability in a properly sealed envelope marked “Post of…… Referee’s Report” with the name of candidate at the top left-hand corner of the envelope.
All Applications and Referees’ reports should be submitted under cover and addressed to:
Obong University, Obong Ntak,
P.M.B. 1005, Abak,
Akwa Ibom State,
E-copy of Application and Curriculum Vitae as attachments should be e-mailed to: firstname.lastname@example.org