Obong University is built on a foundation of Christian values and the highest standards of academic excellence. At Obong, students are empowered to improve their competence and independence in ways that prepare them to be of benefit to society and God’s kingdom.
Obong University is located in the quiet country town of Obong Ntak and offers an excellent environment for academic activities and self-development. We are proud of the friendly, neighborly atmosphere of the surrounding community that visitors find to be highly refreshing.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: University Librarian
Location: Obong Ntak, Akwa Ibom
- The University Librarian is responsible to the Vice-Chancellor for the day-to-day administration of the University library and the co-ordination of library services in the University
- University Librarian is a Principal Officer of the University and a member of the University management
- As a member of the academic staff, the University Librarian will be required to provide both academic and administrative leadership to staff members in the University Library.
Qualifications and Experience
- Candidates for the position should possess a minimum of Master’s Degree in Library and Information Science. Possession of a Doctorate Degree will be an added advantage
- Candidates are also required to have scholarly publications in reputable journals and must be members of the Librarian Registration Council of Nigeria
- Additionally, candidates are expected to be ICT compliant and proficient in relevant computer applications as applicable to the running of a modern University Library.
Conditions of Service
- The appointment shall be for a initial term of five (5) years and may be renewed for a second five (5) years period.
- The successful candidate will be entitled to the salary and other conditions of service as may be approved by the University Council from time to time.
Application Closing Date
15th September, 2020.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates are required to submit fifteen (15) copies of their Application, Curriculum Vitae and photocopies of their credentials. The Curriculum Vitae should highlight the following in the order indicated below:
- Full name (surname first in capital letters)
- Place and Date of Birth
- Marital Status
- Number and Ages of Children
- E-mail address
- Telephone number
- Postal Address
- Permanent Home Address
- State of Origin and LGA
- Schools Attended and Qualifications obtained with dates
- Current Employment and Positions held with dates
- Previous Employment(s) / Position(s) / Date(s)
- Membership of Professional Bodies
- Names and Addresses of three (3) Referees with email addresses and phone numbers.
Each applicant should request each of his / her referees to forward, direct to the Registrar, a confidential report on the applicant’s character, academic and managerial ability in a properly sealed envelope marked “Post of…… Referee’s Report” with the name of candidate at the top left-hand corner of the envelope.
All Applications and Referees’ reports should be submitted under cover and addressed to:
Obong University, Obong Ntak,
P.M.B. 1005, Abak,
Akwa Ibom State,