The Management Sciences for Health (MSH), a global health nonprofit organization, uses proven approaches developed over 40 years to help leaders, health managers, and communities in developing nations build stronger health systems for greater health impact. We work to save lives by closing the gap between knowledge and action in public health.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: iCCM Data Officer
Ref No: R164
Job Type: Full time
- The objective of the iCCM Data Officer position is to ensure reliable iCCM data management, including development of a database for iCCM services, trainings and mentoring of service providers.
- The position will support iCCM data collection, analysis and reporting through community HMIS, in line with the national iCCM guidelines and M&E framework.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Work with the state M&E/HSS Officer to develop system for iCCM data management.
- Be responsible for maintaining iCCM database in supported state, including data entry into the database.
- Serve as a resource person and provide technical support during iCCM trainings.
- Coordinate all iCCM related data management activities, including data on service delivery, service providers, data from supervision and trainings.
- Coordinate iCCM monthly data validation meetings in collaboration with LGA M&E officers.
- Conduct monthly data quality checks and ensure data is of high quality.
- Ensure that the iCCM program is utilizing national CHMIS data tools.
- Work in close collaboration with the iCCM Technical Advisor, DQA Officer and State Technical Malaria Lead to plan and conduct iCCM DQA exercises in selected service provider sites.
- Develop follow up action plans and ensure that all identified data quality issues are resolved by the LGA M&E officers and provider sites.
- Make available relevant data for iCCM programming and for use by technical working groups.
- Participate in supervisory visits to iCCM service provider sites to conduct on-the-job training on use of iCCM data tools and ensure that service providers are using the national data tools.
- Perform other roles as may be assigned by supervisor.
- Be an active member of the PMI-S SME team.
- B.Sc. in Statistics, Mathematics, Computer Science or closely related discipline with a minimum of 2 years relevant experience.
- Deep understanding of the malaria, iCCM or IMCI system in Nigeria.
- Familiarity with national iCCM and/or malaria indicators, data collection, and reporting tools.
- Excellent knowledge of DHIS2 and other statistical packages.
- Excellent report writing skills.
- Fluency in English. Knowledge of at least one local language of the project state is an added advantage.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online