Adexen Recruitment Agency is mandated by one of its clients in the Oil and Gas industry to recruit a suitably qualified candidate to fill the position below:
Job Title: Marine Technical Superintendent
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
- Supervise the Marine Department to ensure safe and efficient operation while ensuring adherence to regulatory and class requirements.
- Review the Company’s Policies and procedures through the Offshore Management; Develop and revise procedures and standing instructions for the Marine Department; ensure that the Permit to Work system is controlled and adhered to as per requirements of the system.
- Prepare and control budget and expenditure.
- Ensure efficient and effective report writing and submission while maintaining appropriate documentation.
- Ensure sufficient stock of relevant spare parts and consumables.
- Oversee the troubleshooting of marine, cargo and relevant utility systems.
- Ensure the monitoring of Safety Zone and traffic control.
- Manage export tankers mooring and unmooring operations.
- Supervise cargo operations, cargo planning, cargo calculations cargo/ slop/ ballast tanks entry; cargo/ slop/ ballast tanks condition monitoring; Crude Oil Washing operations; slop water discharge and Oil Record Book entries.
- Manage unit stability and hull stresses loading Stability software and software integrity.
- Responsible for planning of Marine Department maintenance activities in cooperation with other department leads; Use the Computerized Maintenance Management System. Review information in database to ensure it is technically valid, accurate and up to date
- Manage first line and preventive maintenance of marine, cargo and relevant utility systems as per Computerised Maintenance Management System.
- Administer marine and cargo systems modifications requests under management of change procedure.
- Manage structural maintenance of deck areas, process modules, accommodation, enclosed and machinery spaces.
- Ensure housekeeping of deck areas, accommodation and pump room.
- Monitor scaffolding erection and dismantling; Manage all Lifting and personnel transfer operations and Lifting Equipment. Ensure lifting equipment register is up to date.
- Support Vessel Handling; Manage Helicopter Operations, Helideck and refueling equipment; Responsible for Waste Management and Garbage Record Book entries.
- Participate in pre-commissioning and commissioning.
- Manage and control hazardous substances that are used, stored within Marine department
- Manage the relevant Risk Assessments; Participate in the investigation of accidents and incidents. Administrate Company reporting system report.
- Ensure that vendors and contractors are managed safely and effectively.
- Responsible for the training of subordinates and trainees; Perform competency assessment and performance evaluation of subordinates.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in relevant Engineering discipline. UK or South African Chief mate (II/2) CoC required
- Minimum of 10 years experience as a watch keeping officer or marine supervisor on offshore facilities or marine vessels.
- Good inter-personal and communications skills.
- Good management and supervisory skills.
- Good computer skills and knowledge of Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS).
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Note: We thank all applicants, however, only those selected will be contacted.