APIN Public Health Initiatives is a non-governmental donor-funded organization dedicated to the prevention, treatment, care and support of diseases of public health importance in Nigeria, including HIV/AIDS, tuberculosis and malaria, among others. APIN works in partnership with the Federal and State Governments of Nigeria, United States Center for Disease Control (CDC), as well as the Global Fund to fight AIDS, Tuberculosis and Malaria in Nigeria.
We seek to recruit qualified persons to fill critical positions necessary for programme implementation. To this effect, we are seeking qualified and suitable candidates to fill the vacant position below:
Job Title: Manager, Communications & Media Relations
Job Reference Code: CMR200
- This position will be responsible for the leadership of all demand creation and communication activities across programmes. S/He will be the liaison and focal person for the organization and responsible for interacting with government counterparts for media relations and dissemination of organization’s achievements in media friendly format.
- This person oversees all planning for news conferences, including selecting the site for an event, arranging for banners and other graphics to be displayed at the event, preparing packets of information to distribute to the media and preparing executives to speak at news conferences.
Qualifications and Experience
- Must possess a first degree in Mass Communication / English / Linguistics / Public Relations or related discipline.
- Must have minimum of eight (8) years’ cognate experience in Communications and Media or Public.
- Supervise the administration of the organization’s social media platforms-Facebook, Instagram, WhatsApp, Twitter, website etc.
- We offer professionals opportunities for career advancement, a good working environment and competitive remuneration.
Application Closing Date
14th August, 2020.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Applications to this dedicated email: email@example.com
- Applicants will be required to attach a CV with a Suitability Statement that states how their skills, knowledge and experience make them suitable, and indicate the Job Reference Code & location as the subject of the email.
- The Suitability Statement should not exceed a page and must appear on the first page of the CV, contained in one document. The job reference code is an important requirement and any application not in line with this instruction will not be considered.
- Late applications will not be considered and only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.