Achieving Health Nigeria Initiative (AHNi) is an indigenous non-governmental organization that promotes socio-economic development by supporting a broad range of global health interventions, education and economic initiatives in Nigeria. AHNi is an allied organization to Family Health International (FH1360) with coexisting and mutually supportive interest in advancing the collective goals of the people and communities served. AHNI currently has its headquarters in Abuja, Nigeria.
To strengthen our operations and interventions in the country, we are seeking qualified candidates for the position below:
Job Title: Senior Technical Officer – Clinical Care (ART / PMTCT)
Location: Akwa Ibom
Contract Type: Fixed Term
- Senior Technical Officer – Clinical Care (ART / PMTCT) will provide technical support to implement high quality care, treatment and support activities with primary focus on clinical management of HIV/AIDS including provision of Anti-retroviral therapy (ART), will equally provide technical leadership and support to the implementing agencies in prevention and mitigation at the state level.
- It includes supporting the implementation of prevention activities (sexual and biomedical) and strategic behaviour change interventions, testing and counselling, home based care, orphans and vulnerable children and other community mobilization activities
Minimum Recruitment Standards
- MB.BS / MD / PHD or similar degree with 3 to 5 years of progressive relevant experience in clinical care with a sound understanding of HIV/AIDS with provision of PMTCT and anti-retroviral therapy (ART) in resource constrained settings.
- Possession of an MPH or post graduate degree in a related field is required.
- Experience in project development with proven experience in the planning and facilitation of training is required.
- Experience in large and complex SBC/BCC mobilization activities in a donor funded national health focused project is an added advantage. Familiarity with Nigerian public sector health systems and NGOs and CBOs is highly desirable
Application Closing Date
6th July, 2020.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should forward Suitability Statement (Application) and Resume (CV) as a single MS Word document to: AHNi-PCTJobs@ahnigeria.org with the Job Title and Location clearly indicated as the subject of the mail.
- AHNi is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- Only applications sent electronically (I.e. bye-mall)
- Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
- Kindly note that prospective Individuals blacklisted from implementing the Global Fund grant are not eligible to apply for any of the advertised positions
- Disclaimer: AHNI does not charge candidates a fee for a test or interview