Achieving Health Nigeria Initiative (AHNi) is an indigenous non-governmental organization that promotes socio-economic development by supporting a broad range of global health interventions, education and economic initiatives in Nigeria. AHNi is an allied organization to Family Health International (FH1360) with coexisting and mutually supportive interest in advancing the collective goals of the people and communities served. AHNI currently has its headquarters in Abuja, Nigeria.
To strengthen our operations and interventions in the country, we are seeking qualified candidates for the position below:
Job Title: HIV Specialist
Location: Akwa Ibom
Contract Type: Fixed Term
- HIV Specialist will provide technical support at state level to implement high quality care, treatment and support activities with primary focus on technical areas of comprehensive TB and HIV/AIDS programs including laboratory, pharmacy, logistics, prevention, care, treatment, TB, RMNCH, mitigation, monitoring and evaluation.
Minimum Recruitment Standards
- MB.BS / MD / PhD or similar degree with 1 to 3 years of progressive relevant experience in managing comprehensive TB and HIV programs in resource constrained settings.
- Or MPH or MS/MA in relevant degree with 3 to 5 years of progressive relevant experience in managing comprehensive TB and HIV programs in resource constrained settings.
- Or BS/BA in pharmacy, microbiology, health sciences, monitoring and evaluation, public health or in relevant degree with 5 to 7 years of progressive relevant experience in managing comprehensive TB and HIV programs in resource constrained settings.
- For each band above, possession of an additional post graduate degree in a related field is an advantage.
- Experience in project development with proven experience in the planning ad facilitation of training is required.
- Experience in large and complex donor-funded national health focused project is an added advantage.
- Familiarity with Nigerian public sector health systems and NGOs and CBOs is highly desirable.
Application Closing Date
6th July, 2020.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should forward Suitability Statement (Application) and Resume (CV) as a single MS Word document to: AHNi-PCTJobs@ahnigeria.org with the Job Title and Location clearly indicated as the subject of the mail.
- AHNi is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- Only applications sent electronically (I.e. bye-mall)
- Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
- Kindly note that prospective Individuals blacklisted from implementing the Global Fund grant are not eligible to apply for any of the advertised positions
- Disclaimer: AHNI does not charge candidates a fee for a test or interview.