Fosad Consulting – Our client, an indigenous Oil and Gas Exploration and Production Company is looking to hire technically sound individuals for the position below in their Lagos, Warri and Offshore bases:
Job Title: Instrument and Electrical Technician
Location: Offshore, Delta State
Reporting Line: Maintenance Supervisor
Job Category: Full Time/Rotational
- Responsible for instrumentation and electrical aspects of all Rotating and Static equipment to achieve greater optimum Operability for the FPSQ while ensuring 100% uptime for the Generators and support production equipment to routinely attain critical equipment and process plant uptime above 97%.
- Maintain stellar performance and smooth operation of all Rotating Equipment such as Generators, Pumps, Compressors and other production support equipment/utilities.
- Ensure 100% uptime of the Generators and support production equipment on the FPSO to attain a process plant uptime above 99.5%.
- Ensure the Mechanical maintenance task is executed efficiently, liaising with other Discipline Supervisors to minimize equipment down time. Perform planned and breakdown maintenance on generators, air compressors, and other equipment.
- Act as hands-on specialist, providing technical and faultfinding front-line support for all rotating equipment within the scope definition, covering scheduled maintenance activities, un-pIaned stops and breakdown situations on turbo machinery.
- Be responsible for the requisition of all spares and maintaining an efficient Sparing Philosophy for major critical spares for all rotating & key equipment.
- Identify, study, propose, and implement area for improvement (project) in the field of instrumentation and electrical engineering to enhance operation and improve total equipment reliability.
- Formulate plans, review and analyze preventive maintenance strategy for the equipment and instrumentation in order to achieve highest efficiency of the activities for reliable and safe operation.
- Perform all mechanical, hydraulic, pneumatic component repair or replacement of parts as specified by the OEM and as per API, ISO, etc.
- Troubleshoot instrumentation and electrical aspects of all critical equipment and control systems.
- Ensure working equipment are Intrinsically Safe & Explosion Proof and Spark Arrestors are used for all exhaust fumes. This is applicable to contractor’s equipment deployed to work on the FPSO.
- Minimum of HND or equivalent certifications in Mechanical or Instrument and Electrical Engineering.
- In-depth knowledge and Skills in Predictive, Preventive Maintenance and CMMS.
- 5- 10 years of experience as Maintenance Supervisor or Instrument and Electrical Technician on process facilities
- Certificate of competency and other professional qualifications.
- BOSIET/HUET+ STCW certified.
Application Closing Date
1st July, 2020.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Applications and CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the “Job Title” as the subject of the email.