MKOBO is a fully licensed Microfinance bank by the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) in Lagos, Nigeria. MKOBO was conceived to help solve consumers’ need for access to short-term emergency credit. Our goal is to provide access to short term unsecured loans, which is easily accessible. We cater to the demography currently undeserved by the Commercial banks in our aim to help increase financial inclusion of the Nigerian population.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Backend Developer
- As a Backend Engineer you will be working alongside the product teams to build scalable APIs.
- It is the perfect opportunity for someone who is experienced and passionate about scalable systems, clean code and is looking for a great fulltime role. While we currently build our systems in Ruby on Rails, it is not a core requirement.
- We believe the language is merely a tool in solving the problem, and we’re open to Engineers with experience of other stacks like Laravel, Django, Express, with the flexibility to learn any language to solve any problem.
- Design, build, and maintain scalable Backend systems.
- DevOps: improve automation of the software development process.
- Identify performance issues and bugs, and provide solutions to these problems.
- Work with other team members to ensure we are building the right product
- Participate in code reviews
- Pair-program with other developers or discuss possible technical architectures
- Contribute to creating a culture of writing excellent software
What We Are Looking For
- Advanced experience with backend frameworks such as Ruby on Rails [preferably] or similar like Django, Laravel, Express etc
- Mid to senior level backend engineering experience
- At least 2 yeas commercial experience
- Excellent knowledge of Scalable architectures.
- Excellent knowledge of SQL (MySQL/PostgreSQL)
- Experience with NoSQL (MongoDB/CouchDB/ElasticSearch)
- Understanding of Code versioning tools like Git
- Understanding of Unit and Integration testing.
- Understanding of DevOps processes like CI/CD
- Superb organisational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to take initiative and work with minimal supervision
- University degree in Informational Technology, Computer Science, Software Engineering or a related subject
What We Offer
- A friendly, open-minded and collaborative team working closely with the CTO
- Autonomy, we don’t micromanage our teams
- Challenging environment – you will be working on complex projects
250,000 Gross monthly.
Application Closing Date
30th June, 2020.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the “Backend Developer” as the subject of the email.
Note: Please do not apply if you do not meet the qualification.