Restoration of Hope Initiative (ROHI) – Since the insurgency began in 2009, many lives were lost and properties worth billions of Naira destroyed. There has been a lot of migration of people from one location to another location which is considered relatively peaceful, as a result many are displaced and homeless and many international organizations are bringing relief services in the areas of Water Sanitation and Hygiene (WASH), Food Security and Livelihood (FSL), Education, Health and other sectors as listed out in the Humanitarian Response Plan. Some of the local Government Areas (LGA) are relatively peaceful and there is a high population density with men and women who are suffering from poverty, and children who are vulnerable to illiteracy.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Protection Caseworker
Locations: Adamawa (Mubi, Maiha, Hong), Borno
Slot: 20 Openings
- The Case worker will conduct all steps of the case management process for a specified number of individual children vulnerable to abuse, exploitation, neglect and violence (especially UASC, Children at risk of other protection and their families.
- To ensure that children harmed or at risk of being harmed are identified and receive individual case management support by documentation, assessment, care plan, direct service provision, referral and follow up for an assigned number of children.
- To provide support to families (particularly foster and alternative care givers) in the process.
- To liaise with other case workers and social workers on management of caseload and referrals.
- Provide individual case management for children in communities to be specified in relation to all case management steps, tools and procedures.
- Provide support for families, foster and alternative care systems.
- Ensure regular communication with the CP manager/ Case Management Officer for updates on achievements and challenges
- Provide input for weekly and staff activity reports.
- Effectively communicate with other caseworkers, government social workers and service providers as part of providing individual case management.
- Regularly attend case management meetings at field level
- Consistently and proactively monitor/assess the safety and security of field teams; promptly reporting concerns or incidents to ROHI management and liaising with community leaders and other external parties as required to maintain/enhance the security environment for ROHI programs
Qualifications and Experience
- A minimum qualification of Technical diploma or degree in Social Work of any of the Social Sciences.
- At least 1-year experience in implementing child protection programs, preferable social work or case management, in humanitarian or development settings
- Demonstrated understanding of working with children and particularly vulnerable children
- Personal qualities: Team player, flexible, network-builder, able to handle pressure well.
- Fluency in English required and Hausa preferred.
Application Closing Date
14th June, 2020.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online