Restoration of Hope Initiative (ROHI) – Since the insurgency began in 2009, many lives were lost and properties worth billions of Naira destroyed. There has been a lot of migration of people from one location to another location which is considered relatively peaceful, as a result many are displaced and homeless and many international organizations are bringing relief services in the areas of Water Sanitation and Hygiene (WASH), Food Security and Livelihood (FSL), Education, Health and other sectors as listed out in the Humanitarian Response Plan. Some of the local Government Areas (LGA) are relatively peaceful and there is a high population density with men and women who are suffering from poverty, and children who are vulnerable to illiteracy.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Livelihood Officer
Locations: Adamawa (Mubi & Hong), Borno
- Support the Project Coordinator in planning for implementation of Education and livelihood project activities and monitoring in line with project design.
- Working under supervision of the Project Coordinator with technical support from the Education officer to maintain good relationships with stakeholders and provide feedback on Education, food security and early recovery cluster and related contextual issues.
- Coordinates implementation of Education and livelihood project activities in the project intervention location including addressing complaints from beneficiaries.
- Liaise with the case workers to introducing project, creating awareness and sensitization in target communities on project objectives and approaches as well as beneficiary selection criteria related to the Education and livelihood component.
- Support the Project Coordinator to prioritize intervention communities and beneficiaries based on set criteria.
Qualifications and Experience
- University degree or equivalent in Education, Agriculture, Social Science, Social Work, Psychology, or related fields
- Minimum of 2 years relevant working experience in Education or livelihoods programming, humanitarian affairs or human rights.
- Experience working in emergency settings
- Experience working in livelihoods programs
- Experience working with refugees and other vulnerable populations.
- Experience in Community Based programming
- Previous experience directly providing services to children at risk and victims of abuse, exploitation and violence and developing/implementing referral pathways and case management systems.
- Strong skills in monitoring, evaluation, research and conducting participatory, community-led assessments.
- Experience working with case files and databases and providing regular documentation.
- Excellent community mobilization skills
- Ability to work individually and within a team with limited supervision. A self-starter.
- Good analytical, problem solving and project planning skills
- Computer knowledge – Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook
- Strong command of both written and spoken English and knowledge of local language strongly desired.
Application Closing Date
14th June, 2020.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online