Chevron Employees Multipurpose Cooperative Society (CEMCS Ltd.) – The Society was first registered as Gulf Oil Employees Cooperative Society in 1966. It Changed name to Chevron Employees Cooperative Thrift and Credit Society Limited (CECT & CS LTD) in 1995 inline with the host company’s change management. It was Upgraded to Chevron Employees Multipurpose Cooperative Society (CEMCS Ltd) In 2006 to capture its increasing membership and business scope.
We are currently recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Real Estate Projects & Facility Management Engineer
Location: Lekki, Lagos
Responsibilities and Duties
Real Estate – Prospects & New Projects:
- Receive and maintain database of real estate proposals
- Receive member expressions of interest and subscription for all accepted real estate opportunities
- Receive and respond to member enquiries on real estate products
- Work with the company’s legal adviser to draft projects contract documents and contract administration correspondence
- Review project plans and proposals and work with management to develop project objectives
- Assist the real estate subcommittee as required
Real Estate – Existing Projects:
- Keep and maintain records of members’ subscriptions – withdrawals, ownership transfers, change of name, additional subscription and other changes to subscription status
- Liaise with the project accountant on subscribers account status
- Keep tab of all payments milestones to vendors and follow up with the accounts department (via project accountant) to ensure prompt remittance to vendors
- Review contractors’ bills to ensure alignment with project milestones and budget and recommend for approval accordingly
- Forward all reviewed contractors bills to accounts department for further processing
- Ensure all relevant safety objectives and legal requirements are observed in the delivery of all real estate projects
- Ensure that the quality of work carried out by the contractors meets/exceeds the specification required by the society
- Identify technical and mechanical snags and ensure solutions are implemented promptly
- Develop project-specific procedures for the work to be carried out
- Serve as Secretariat representative during vendor meetings.
- Ensure prompt execution of all actions from meetings.
- Carry out regular site visits to all projects.
- Render reports on progress and quality of work per site visits.
- Escalate all unresolved issues to appropriate levels for prompt handling.
- Carry out all other duties as assigned by the Unit Head.
- Provide weekly and/or monthly update on the status of all real estate projects to the Unit Lead
- Ensure CEMCS buildings, amenities / facilities are always in suitable working conditions and meet all health and safety requirements.
- Adopt an early detection and damage prevention approach for all facilities through close monitoring and work to resolve any issues/faults promptly.
- Ensure regular maintenance of office plants and equipment- generators, pumping machines, water treatment plants, sewage tanks.
- Prepare and render monthly reports accordingly
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree (Engineering) / HND from a reputable and accredited higher institution;
- A certification in project management would be an added advantage
- 3 –5 years’ work experience in Project Management preferably in the Real Estate Sector
Application Closing Date
26th June, 2020.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Note: Click on the link above to apply. You will be expected to select which role you are applying for before submitting your application.