Medecins Sans Frontieres (MSF) is an independent international medical humanitarian organisation that delivers emergency aid in more than 60 countries to people affected by armed conflict, epidemics, natural or man-made disasters or exclusion from healthcare.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Project Coordinator Support
Location: Port Harcourt, Rivers
Job Type: Permanent position: subject to probationary period
Accountabilities / Responsibilities
- Represents MSFduring the monthly СHealth care in Danger working group meetings.
- Supports the Project Coordinator for any decision link with social support and legal aspect link with MSF activity.
- Develops networking with the social actors and organizations that promote/provide support to our patients (Minors)
- Provides support to the Project Coordinator in the administrative part of coordination tasks,ensures a smooth relation with local and national authorities, contributes to the context analysis and follow up, provides translations and interpretes in order to ensure the smooth running of the project.
- Provides project administration support and coordination in the development and operational implementation of the project.
- Provides good support for highly sensitive, confidential matters and document. Support and help coordinate the work of the team.
- Assists the Project Coordinator in internal and external communication sessions and events about MSF (for national staff, MOH staff, as well as local authorities in order to improve awareness and public opinion adhesion).
- Translating and reviewing documents and acting as an interpreter when needed. Assisting the Project Coordinator in the drafting of correspondences with authorities and counterparts (government officials, military actors, community leaders, UN agencies, NGOs, etc.) in order to ensure fluent and accurate communication flows.
- Participate in decision making for the social services identified for the Survivors needing protection.
- Able to communicate effectively project aims and objectives to the national authorities and the national staff.
- Provides feedback and inputs to the Project Coordinator in establishing and preparing standard procedures and instructions that contribute to the effectiveness of the project.
- Works in close collaboration with the Project Coordinator and the entire project team. Ensures the professional ethics and the code of conduct of the MSF organization.
- Ensure good collaboration with the medical team and the staff in general.
- Ensure good collaboration with the project team and the PC.
- Oversees the safety of the outreach team mobility by establishing links with the water front communities.
Required Skills and Conditions
- University Degree preferably in the field of Social Sciences (Political Sciences, International Public Law, Anthropology, Economics, etc.)
- Essential: Experience in and exposure to working in a complicated political, security and humanitarian environment.
- Essential: Experience in data collection, reporting and analysis.
- Desirable two years previous experience in similar jobs in the field of humanitarian aid with MSF or other NGOs. Desirable: Management experience.
- Languages: English essential (high level command both oral and written). Pidgin, and local language essential.
- Knowledge: Essential computer literacy (word, excel, Internet/social media); Excellent understanding of MSFТs principles and values, Knowledge of and interest in humanitarian issues; In-depth contextual knowledge and analysis skills; High level of knowledge of local culture and customs.
- Results and Quality Orientation – L2;
- Teamwork and Cooperation – L2;
- Behavioral Flexibility – L2;
- Commitment to MSF Principles – L2;
- Stress Management – L3.
- Gross salary per month: N380,942 (Three hundred and eighty thousand, nine hundred and forty-two Naira).
Application Closing Date
8th June, 2020. (Midnight).
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Cover Letter, CV, qualifications and contact details by email to: email@example.com using “Project Coordinator Support” as the subject of the mail.
- NON-COMPLIANT or LATE applications will NOT BE CONSIDERED
- Only successful applicants will be called for written test and interview.
- No monetary transactions, neither demands of favours in kind, nor other types of favouritism will be tolerated in the recruitment process.
- MSF reserves the right to refuse hiring of a candidate having benefitted from such acts. All illicit demands of these types may be pursued through the judicial system.