Women Friendly Initiative (WFI) is premised on providing succor to the less privileged. Since incorporation in 2003, we have programmed in several areas ranging from health; sexual &reproductive health, sanitation/hygiene promotion, maternal and child survival initiatives, integration of family planning with HIV prevention among positive clients environmental sustainability, health systems strengthening, human development, civic education, good governance (empowering women for electioneering positions)education especially for the girl child, vocational skill acquisition, functional literacy, income generation &economic empowerment for Indigent women in rural &urban slums across several states in Nigeria.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Project Assistant
Location: Kuje – Abuja
Reports to; Director of Programs
- Program Management – USAID “Youth-Powered Ecosystem to Advance Urban Adolescent Health and Well-Being in Nigeria.” Project – (100% LoE)
The successful candidate will
- Operationalize administrative procedures such as Time sheet, Travel and transportation, Documentation, and Procurement of services of Consultants.
- Manage and review approved claims of staff on the project
- Create and update staff information in personnel files
- Liaise with other units to update WFI’s fixed assets register
- Pro-actively contribute to day-to-day project implementation and ensure conformity to expected results and project work-plan;
- Maintain project correspondence and communication;
- Collect, register and maintain all information on project activities;
- Advise all project counterparts on applicable administrative procedures and ensures their proper implementation;
- Contribute to the preparation and implementation of progress reports;
- Prepare agendas and arrange field visits, appointments and meetings both internal and external related to the project activities and write minutes from the meetings;
- Maintain project filing system;
- Prepare routine correspondence and memoranda for CEO signature;
- Receive, screen and distribute correspondence and attach necessary background information.
- Follow-up on timely disbursements by donors/prime partner;
- Assist in the preparation of payments requests for operational expenses, salaries, insurance, etc. against project budget and work plan;
- Support the preparations of project work-plan and operational and financial planning processes;
- Monitor project activities, budget and financial expenditures and maintain a proper record of approved project budgets and their revisions;
- Prepare and submit expenditure and programme budget status reports;
- Prepare recurring reports as scheduled and special reports as required for budget preparations and audit;
- Advise and assist CEO and DOP on all aspects of allowances, travel claims and other financial matters and calculate payments due for claims and services;
- Undertake other financial and administrative tasks on an ad hoc basis.
- In accordance with the Work Plan arrange for procurement of equipment, supplies and services;
- Arrange for equipment maintenance and insurance as required;
- Ensure that contractual processes follow the stipulated USAID/WFI procedures;
- Physically clear and ensure delivery of equipment and supplies procured for the various programme sites;
- Maintain records over project equipment inventory.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Commitment to WFI’s core values and ideology.
- Passion for working with youth
Application Closing Date
5th June, 2020.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send a Cover Letter and Resume to email@example.com indicate Position and Location in the subject line of the email.
- Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
- WFI is an equal opportunity employer. Women and the physically challenged are especially encouraged to apply.