We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Editor (Internship)
- As a research and advocacy organization, CDD’s written work is essential in fundraising, engaging with stakeholders, and ultimately making sure its engagements achieve the desired outcomes.
- To bolster the quality of CDD’s publications we have opened an exciting opportunity for two interns to support CDD’s Programs Team.
- These interns will edit and prepare written proposals, reports, and other communications across CDD’s areas of intervention.
- This internship will be remote.
Who You Are
- Excellent command of grammar, usage, style, and tone
- First-rate organizational skills and meticulous attention to detail
- Ability to multitask and work under tight deadlines
- Superior proofreading and editing skills
- Comfortable with complex policy issues
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word and PowerPoint)
- 3-6 months (Rolling Applications, you will indicate your availability)
What We Offer
- We are in the process of creating a CDD editorial and writing guide, to standardize CDD’s writing process – based on your experiences, you will have the opportunity to draft a guide by the end of your internship! To give interns more responsibility and ownership of the program and time at CDD, we are trialing a system where interns spend the last few weeks of their internship selecting the next crop of interns. From the internship requirements to interviews, you decide it all, in consort with fellow interns – a unique teamwork opportunity for sure! We offer a modest stipend.
Application Closing Date
9th June, 2020.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should please submit a current resume, a one-paged cover letter that tells us why you’re interested in working at CDD and includes the days and hours you will be available to work: and a 500-1000 writing sample (shortened versions of longer pieces are acceptable) to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the “Job Title” as the subject of the email.
Note: Due to the anticipated volume of interest, we are unable to respond to telephone or email inquiries regarding this position. CDD is an equal opportunity employer.