Development Alternatives Incorporated (DAI) is an international development company. For more than 45 years, we have worked on the frontlines of international development, tackling fundamental social and economic development problems caused by inefficient markets, ineffective governance, and instability. Currently, DAI is delivering results that matter in some 80 countries.
Our development solutions turn ideas into impact by bringing together fresh combinations of expertise and innovation across multiple disciplines. Our clients include international development agencies, international lending institutions, private corporations and philanthropies, and national governments.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Sub – Award Manager
Project Title: Youth-powered Ecosystem to Advance Urban Adolescent Health and Well-being program
Reports to: Finance & Administration Director
Project Duration: 5 years
Level of Effort: Full Time
- The Youth-powered Ecosystem to Advance Urban Adolescent Health and Well-being activity is a five-year USAID funded programme in Nigeria, beginning in May 2020.
- The program, in partnership with select local NGOs will foster, develop and support an ecosystem of safe spaces for youth to gain life-skills, access sexual, reproductive health and rights (SRHR) information as well as referrals to local facilities.
- The primary goal of the programme is to improve the health and well-being of urban, poor adolescents; ages 15–19, by increasing voluntary family planning (FP) uptake and continued use—from a holistic, human capital perspective.
- Under the supervision of the Finance & Administration Director, the Sub-Award Manager will be responsible for the management of sub-awards and procurement processes for the program.
- The position holder will lead the sub-award management and procurement processes from; managing purchase requisitions, issuance of solicitations, review of proposals/quotes, development of the sub-award agreements to initiating and tracking subaward payments.
- The processes must be managed strictly in compliance with DAI Field Operations Manual. The position will also support sub-awardees to understand the solicitation and post-award requirements.
Other duties and responsibilities include:
- Work with the project team to ensure purchase requisitions are complete, providing training accordingly. Assist if necessary, with understanding of the submission process of completed scopes of work and/or technical specifications for materials, goods, and services. Also ensuring presentation of sufficient information to enable selection that meets requirements of quality assurance, delivery and transparency
- Develop and issue appropriate solicitation types for quotes or proposals and initiate procurement processes in compliance with the procurement policies and procedures.
- Participate in pre-award assessments, selection of purchase award type and administration of sub-awards such as negotiations, compliance, post award management of deliverables, scopes or technical specifications.
- Ensure approvals for subawards are in compliance with the project schedule of authorities
- Prepare and retain project contract documentation (subcontracts, sub-agreements, purchase orders, and Memoranda of Understanding) as required in the procedures and records retention checklists.
- Ensure that sub-awards are in compliance with prime award conditions and provide ongoing budget and expense analysis, invoice processing, financial reporting, and re-budgeting. Ensure that all activities conducted by sub-awardees are in accordance with terms of the sub-award agreement with DAI and applicable USAID guidelines; ensure that sub-awardees comply with all DAI and USAID reporting requirements; conduct regular site visits, draft summary findings and memos; including corrective action plans.
- Alongside the Finance & Admin Director, manage the award financial obligations, ensuring sufficient information flows to be able to track budget commitments. Evaluate, verify and provide feedback on sub-awardees monthly financial reports to ensure accuracy, completeness and timeliness
- Monitor the closeout of sub-agreements to help Implementation and Finance teams complete the closeout of prime awards.
- Serve as the point of contact for all sub-award compliance related issues, working closely with the technical team to monitor performance and quality of work, goods, or services. Works closely with the technical and management staff of UAH Project in Lagos and Kano to share information about sub-awardees and ensure efforts and communication to sub-awardees occur in coordination
- Work with the Inventory Manager to ensure sufficient documentation is available to successfully receive, inspect, and inventory project assets.
- Ensure the procurement process strictly follows DAI policies and procedures, and any relevant award-specific additional terms and conditions.
- Maintain an electronic file system for procurement-related documents; (proposal, evaluation, award documents, official contracts and correspondence of all procurement – in accordance with procurement checklist) to allow for efficient and compliant documentation, succeed in audits and maintain the privacy of vendors. Ensure a management system is in place for sub-award management using DAI tools and systems.
- Assist in the conduct of periodic capacity assessments of the sub-awardee management and operations structures.
- Provide technical assistance and backstopping to field offices for sub- agreement closeout activities
- A Bachelor’s degree or its equivalent in a related field.
- 6 – 8 years of relevant work experience on donor-funded projects; experience with USAID/US Government project(s) is preferred
- Strong knowledge of USAID/US Government rules and regulations is essential
- Demonstrated ability to solve challenging and complicated logistical issues
- Experience with budgeting and cost analysis
- Strong analytical skills
- Fluency in English and effective communication skills are required.
- Demonstrated ability to work within a team environment
- Strong computer skill in MS Office packages is required.
Application Closing Date
4th June, 2020.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV by email to: UAHRecruitment@dai.com using the position title as subject of the mail,
Note: DAI will only contact candidates that are successful at this pre-qualification stage.