The Federal Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Development (FMARD), National Programme Management Unit invites Expression of Interest (EOI) for the recruitment of project staff under the FGN/IFAD-VCDP Project:
Job Title: Market Development Officer (MDO)
- In pursuant of the Federal Government Agricultural Promotion Policy (APP) and the need to ensure self-sufficiency In domestic food production, the FGN/IFAD Value Chain Development Programme (IFAD-VCDP) under the Federal Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Development was set up to support Federal Governments strategic vision for growth and development through strengthening of the agricultural sector in order to increase food security, accelerate economic growth and reduce vulnerability for smallholder farmers particularly women and youths.
- The Project Development Objective (PDO) initiative is anchored on promotion of Agriculture Productivity Enhancement on a sustainable basis, Incomes and food security of poor rural households engaged in the production, processing and marketing of Rice and Cassava in Six States of Anambra, Benua, Ebonyi Niger, Ogun and Taraba States”.
- Consequently, Expression of Interest (EOI) is hereby solicited from suitably qualified and interested candidates to participate in the FGN/IFAD Value Chain Development Programme (IFAD-VCDP).
- The Market Development Officer (MDO) will work under the direct supervision of the Market and Enterprise Development Advisor
- The Market Development Officer will work under the direct supervision of the Market And Enterprise Development Advisor in collaboration with SPMU Business and Market Development Officer (SBMDO), the SPMU Agricultural Processing and Quality Enhancement Officer and the National authorities, Overall, the MDO will assist the NPMEDA in promoting marketing linkages and market information among the small and medium-scale producers and processors.
- Implementation of VCD measures and activities in supporting policy and regulatory framework for promoting enabling environment for VCD.
- Work under the supervision of MEDA to monitor, evaluate and document the results of the linkage programme.
- Execution of support measures, activities and processes for quality control and standardization of processed products under the VCDP.
- Implementation of measures and interventions for increasing the access of VC operators to market information and improving market linkages between producers, processors and market operators.
- Execution of VCDP measures and interventions designed to strengthen the business management capacity of post’ harvest VC operators (individuals and organizations> for improved business, organizational and corporate performance and sustainability.
- Assist the MEDA In identifying actions and mechanisms for the implementation of the measures and activities in the promoting the use of value addition technologies including post-harvest handling, processing, storage and packaging.
- Provide support to MEDA in dealing and interacting with national and state government agencies in consultative and collaborative activities.
- Formulation of TOR5 and scope of work for the service providers.
- Provide support in the monitoring and certification of the work of service providers the various activities and assignments.
- Assist the MEDA in the technical supervision of the work of the States’ Business and Market Development Officers and the State Agricultural Processing and Quality Enhancement Officers.
- Provide information from various sources for the implementation and coordination of activities and measures for the improvement of market access by VC operators; and
- Support execution of activities in the areas of policy and regulatory support, value addition, market access, business management, quality control and standardization.
Reporting and Location:
- The position will be based in the NPMU office located in Abuja. The MOO will report directly to the Market and Enterprise Development Advisor
Details of the Contract:
- Two-year contract, renewable if the project is extended and based on performance.
Qualification and Experience
- First Degree in any of the Management or Social Sciences including Agricultural Economics, Economics or related fields.
- Strong background in business and marketing blended with practical skills and at least 5 years work experience on issues and programmes relating to agricultural commodity marketing, agro-processing and agro-industrial development and MSME promotion.
- Good negotiation, inter-personal and relational skills.
- Previous experience in working with government and private sector will be a great advantage,
- Integrity and confidentiality
Application Closing Date
12PM; 9th June, 2020.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Expression of Interest (EOI) Applications in ten (10) copies including one original and nine (9) photocopies, properly sealed and clearly marked at the top right hand cover ‘Expression of Interest (EOI) for the recruitment of National Procurement Officer under FGN/IFAD-VCDP Project.” Each envelope should include a CV and an application letter with cover letter suited for the position being applied for.
The sealed envelope should be addressed and delivered to:
The Permanent Secretary,
Federal Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Development,
No.1, Eldoret Close, Off Aminu Kano Crescent,
Wuse II – Abuja.
Nigeria records 226 new cases of COVID-19… 131 in Lagos and 25 in Ogun
Buhari government speaks on paying N-Power beneficiaries
Leah Sharibu’s mother ready to accept Boko Haram in-law
Buhari meets with Governors, Ministers as Nigerians await update on lockdown ease
Bishop Oyedepo reveals number of COVID-19 cases healed at Winners Chapel
BREAKING: Abia Commissioner for Environment, Solomon Ogunji is dead
Unilever Nigeria Plc Management Trainee Programme
Nollywood actress, Emilia Dike slumps and dies in Enugu
265 new cases of COVID-19 recorded in Nigeria
216 new cases of COVID-19 recorded in Nigeria as confirmed cases rise to 6175
Co-Founder at Logistics/Administration Manager
Independent Agent at Dardam Nigeria
Policy Support Lead at Gender Mobile Initiative
Supply Chain & Accounts Officer at Funtay Group
‘NNPC appointment always on transparency, accountability’
Account and Admin Officer at Promasidor Nigeria
Trainsmart Consultancy Limited Job Recruitment (5 Positions)
Secretary at Trainsmart Consultancy Limited
Civil Engineer – Construction at Trainsmart Consultancy Limited
Business Development Officer at a Leading Construction / Oil and Gas Servicing Company – Trainsmart Consultancy Limited
Metro4 years ago
Cheating wife stuck to man in an hotel
News2 months ago
Sanusi reveals why he can return as Emir of Kano [Watch video]
latest news3 years ago
N-Power releases names of pre-selected 2017 N-TEACH [FULL LIST]
Entertainment4 years ago
Funke Akindele replies to Buhari’s comment
News2 months ago
Outrage as professor of medicine is accused of “colluding” with late Coronavirus patient to hide his travel history from doctors, nurses and burial attendants in Kwara
Metro4 years ago
World’s oldest man,aged 145, discovered in Indonesia
music3 years ago
UNCLE G epic musical video shoot
latest news10 months ago
IMF’s Christine Lagarde resigns as Managing Director