The Kogi state government has again countered claims of the state having cases of Coronavirus by stating that the alleged index case in the state only suffered a bee sting.
Kingsley Fanwo, the state’s commissioner for information and communication disclosed this in a statement released on Monday June 8.
Reacting to NCDC’s May 27 announcement of the state having two cases of Coronavirus, Fanwo said the the chief imam of Kabba, Abubakar Ahmad who was one of the two patients only suffered a bee sting and has been discharged without seeing his test result.
“We are shocked to discover that his experiences in the hands of the NCDC are far from everything that Nigerians have been told constitute best practices in a Covid-19 situation, especially its pathogenesis and management.
“The Chief Imam, an upright and outstanding man who is only interested in the truth confirmed what we have known all along – that he did not test positive for Covid-19 and received no result of such a diagnosis neither did his doctors at the National Hospital, Abuja where he was confined advise him of it.
“The cleric maintains that he suffered from nothing beyond complications from an attack by bees, medical conditions which pre-date the Covid-19 pandemic and stress from travels associated with his work. Till he was released yesterday, he was held in conditions which allowed him to interact with visitors.
“The son’s case is even more strange as he has a negative test result to confirm that he is Covid-19 free. Ditto all his siblings who were tested in the days following as the NCDC serially sought an off-taker for the second Covid-19 case which they had earlier foisted on Kogi State.
“Throughout his father’s time in the custody of the NCDC, and in keeping with his Covid-19 negative status, the son remained at liberty and was his father’s primary helper.
“He was never hospitalised and was allowed to go home each day and return the next. He was allowed to mingle freely with family, visitors, hospital staff and others. Yet, till this day, he remains the second case of Covid-19 allocated to Kogi state on the NCDC’s scoreboard.
The Commissioner also accused the NCDC of plotting to announce a third case in the state through “unverifiable processes”.
Fanwo added; “Nearly one week after she (the third patient) was sneaked onto the NCDC’s list, the Kogi state government is yet to be armed with the actionable information she needs to take preemptive actions in line with the Covid-19 guidelines.
“We suspect that the NCDC’s lackadaisical attitude may not be unconnected with the knowledge that no infection has been found. Just like in the case of the Chief Imam and his family, let it be known that we are looking out for our citizen and will demand full reckoning should any harm come to her.”
No president will say there won’t be banditry next year — Lai Mohammed
The Minister of Information and Culture, Lai Mohammed has said that no president will say banditry will next year.
Lai Mohammed said this while responding to a question on whether the current security challenges would end before President Muhammadu Buhari leaves office in 2023.
Responding to the question at a press conference on Wednesday December 15, Lai Mohammed said;
“Nobody, I’m not sure any president will say by next year there will be no banditry. It is just like saying by next year, there will be no thief.
“But what is important is that they should judge us by our achievement. We’ve not thrown our hands in the air. There was a time they asked us to hire mercenaries, but our soldiers are doing their best in these circumstances.”
Buhari jets out Turkey for summit
President Muhammadu Buhari will on Thursday leave Abuja for Istanbul, Turkey, to attend the third Turkey-Africa Partnership Summit, hosted by President Recep Tayyip Erdogan of the Republic of Turkey.
According to the organisers, the theme of the Summit is ‘‘Enhanced Partnership for Common Development and Prosperity’’ and the agenda includes reviewing the cooperation between African countries and Turkey since the last Summit in 2014.
This was disclosed in a statement by Garba Shehu, the Senior Special Assistant to the President on Media & Publicity, on Thursday morning.
The third Turkey-Africa Partnership Summit is coming on the heels of President Erdogan’s recent State visit to Nigeria during which several agreements in the fields of energy, defence industry, mining and hydrocarbons were signed to expand existing bilateral ties.
The Turkish leader had during the visit to Nigeria, affirmed his commitment to immediately expand the volume of trade between the two countries to 5 billion dollars and the Nigerian delegation will seize the opportunity of the gathering in Istanbul to enhance cooperation with other partners for more trade and investment opportunities in the country.
It is expected that the Summit would provide guidelines and direction for cooperation with African countries for the next five years.
President Buhari will be accompanied on the trip by his wife, Aisha Buhari; the Ministers of Foreign Affairs, Geoffrey Onyeama; Defence, Maj-Gen. Bashir Magashi (Rtd); FCT, Mohammed Bello; Health, Dr. Osagie Ehanire; Agriculture, Mohammed Abubakar; Industry, Trade and Investment, Adeniyi Adebayo; the National Security Adviser, Maj.-Gen. Babagana Monguno (Rtd); and the Director-General of the National Intelligence Agency, Ambassador Ahmed Rufai Abubakar.
The President is expected back in Abuja on Sunday, December 19.
2023 presidency: I’m not going to turn it down – Tinubu
The National Leader of the All Progressives Congress (APC), Asiwaju Bola Tinubu, has said he will not turn down the calls of those asking him to contest for president in 2023.
Tinubu stated this after a meeting with leaders of the Northern Alliance Committee in Abuja on Tuesday.
Speaking to journalists after the meeting, the former Governor of Lagos said he would, however, make consultations before officially announcing a decision on the matter.
“I’m not going to turn them down but I will still effectively and widely consult, particularly brainstorm with my friends and find a date to come out openly to tell Nigerians.
“But the president is still in office. I don’t want to distract him from all the challenges that he might face today.
“So, don’t muddle the political water. Consult, make our programme known to the people later,” Tinubu said.
AFCON: Super Eagles to face Tunisia in next round
Governors have no business with removal of fuel subsidy, says Fayemi
NFF to allow Eguavoen remain Super Eagles’ coach
Super Eagles will receive N102m if Nigeria wins AFCON– Otedola
Fuel subsidy removal will cause more hardship for Nigerians, says Abdulsalami
Dollar to naira exchange rate today January 2022
Austine Eguavoen: Super Eagles coach’s pay structure revealed
Dollar to naira exchange rate today 20 January 2022
Osun Election: Adeleke family split over Guber ticket as Davido fumes against cousin
Photos from Alao Akala’s candle night
Nigeria suspends cooking gas export
Dollar to naira exchange rate today 14 January 2022
Amotekun searchs forests in South-West as terrorists flee North-West
Arewa laments worsened Nigerian insecurity under Buhari’s regime
Company targets 4,000 Nigerians on meter manufacturing, installation training
There’ll be level playing ground for all presidential aspirants– PDP Chairman to Momodu
AFCON: Okocha names most important player in Super Eagles
Dollar to naira exchange rate today 12 January 2022
Reactions as South Africa minister urges schoolgirls to ‘open books and close legs’
Obi Cubana grilled by NDLEA over alleged drug link
Metro5 years ago
Cheating wife stuck to man in an hotel
latest news4 years ago
N-Power releases names of pre-selected 2017 N-TEACH [FULL LIST]
News2 years ago
Sanusi reveals why he can return as Emir of Kano [Watch video]
Entertainment5 years ago
Funke Akindele replies to Buhari’s comment
Metro2 years ago
Kobe Bryant: 9 bodies recovered from scene of helicopter crash
News2 years ago
Outrage as professor of medicine is accused of “colluding” with late Coronavirus patient to hide his travel history from doctors, nurses and burial attendants in Kwara
Metro5 years ago
World’s oldest man,aged 145, discovered in Indonesia
music4 years ago
UNCLE G epic musical video shoot