Hello readers! Here are some of the Nigeria news online today:
- The candidate of the All Progressives Congress (APC) Haruna Isah has been declared winner of Saturday’s controversial Kogi Koto-Karfe Federal Constituency bye-election held in Kogi State.
In the final results released by the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC), the APC candidate polled 11,078 to defeat his closest rival, Engr Bashiru Abubakar of the PDP.
- The Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) in Katsina State has declared Alhaji Ahmed Babba Kaita of the All Progressives Congress (APC ), winner of the bye-election conducted in the Katsina North Senatorial District.
Prof Hudu Ayuba-Abdullahi, the returning officer, who announced the result at 4:42 am in Daura on Sunday said Kaita, a member of the House of Representatives scored 224,607 votes, while his elder brother and a retired customs officer, Alhaji Kabir Babba Kaita of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) scored 59,724 votes.
- The Governor of Benue State, Samuel Ortom, has vowed that no amount of “torment or persecution”, will make him reconsider his defection from the ruling All Progressives Congress (APC).
In a statement issued by his Chief Press Secretary, Terver Akase, the governor accused the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) of being a strike squad of the ruling party, alleging that the federal government had been using the anti-graft agency to “cripple governance in the state.”
- Acting President Yemi Osinbajo has criticised Nigerian Pastors for failing to lend support to the Federal Government’s anti-corruption war by failing to preach against the scourge.
Osinbajo, who spoke at the 30th National Biennial Conference of the Students Christian Movement of Nigeria holding in Enugu, observed that preachers were preoccupied with preaching prosperity rather than righteousness.
- Former Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, National Caretaker Committee Chairman, Ahmed Makarfi has insisted that the level of corruption under the All Progressives Congress, APC-led administration was worst than PDP’s 16 years.
The former governor of Kaduna State and a presidential aspirant said the current level of corruption will not be known until APC leaves power, claiming that the anti-graft war was weak under President Muhammadu Buhari’s administration because it has been politicised.
- Samuel Ortom, Governor of Benue state, has dragged Adams Oshiomhole, the National Chairman of the All Progressives Congress (APC) to court.
The Governor is demanding N10billion as damages for comments Oshiomhole made against him after he dumped the All Progressives Congress (APC) for the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP).
- The new secretariat of the All Progressives Congress, APC, in Rivers State has been vandalised by unknown political thugs.
The attack took place on Saturday amid brewing tension between the two factions of the party in the state led by the Minister of Transport, Rotimi Amaechi, and Senator Magnus Abe, respectively.
- Unknown gunmen on Saturday attacked and killed a Police corporal on a stop-and-search duty with his colleagues at Kpakiama junction in Bomadi Local Government Area of Delta State.
Report says the gunmen swooped on the policemen, who were on routine duty at the junction, opened fire and killed the corporal, and beat some of his colleagues to stupor.
- The Advanced Peoples Democratic Alliance (APDA) and New African Democratic Congress (N-ADC), a splinter group from African Democratic Congress (ADC) led by ex-President Olusegun Obasanjo, on Saturday, announced their merger.
The also unveiled their name as Advanced Republicans (AR) Party.
- The Speaker of the Akwa Ibom State House of Assembly, Onofiok Luke, has claimed that the Presidency offered him N2 billion to defect from the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, to the All Progressives Congress, APC.
He also alleged that he was offered the state’s deputy governor’s slot ahead of the 2019 election.
“I can’t breathe” Horrific video shows moment African American man is killed after a Minneapolis police officer knelt on his neck to restrain him
265 new cases of COVID-19 recorded in Nigeria
Nigerian lady recounts how she had her twins through rape when she’s just 15 ; her twins turned out great
BREAKING: Abia Commissioner for Environment, Solomon Ogunji is dead
50 trafficked Nigerian girls and 19 stranded Nigerians evacuated from Lebanon
ICPC probes diversion of COVID-19 funds, relief material
Sanusi speaks on moves against Adesina, says AfDB rules must be respected
I had dirts on Jude Okoye, but I didn’t fight him because I didn’t think it was necessary – Cynthia Morgan
I don’t have a girlfriend – Anthony Joshua opens up on his challenges in finding true love
Buhari decentralizes Force CID, approves Nigeria Police restructure, more commands
312 Indians evacuated from Nigeria due to COVID-19 pandemic
President Buhari could not address Nigerians on May 29 because he knows his administration is a failure –PDP
NFF can terminate Gernot Rohr’s contract if he fails to meet targets – Sports Minister Sunday Dare reveals
Police officer allegedly opens fire on his colleagues in Lagos
Plan International Job Recruitment (3 Positions)
Admin & Logistics Specialist at Plan International
Emergency Response Manager at Plan International
Logistics Assistants at Plan International – 2 Openings
LifeBank Job Recruitment (3 Positions)
Chief Finance Officer at LifeBank
Metro4 years ago
Cheating wife stuck to man in an hotel
News3 months ago
Sanusi reveals why he can return as Emir of Kano [Watch video]
latest news3 years ago
N-Power releases names of pre-selected 2017 N-TEACH [FULL LIST]
Entertainment4 years ago
Funke Akindele replies to Buhari’s comment
News2 months ago
Outrage as professor of medicine is accused of “colluding” with late Coronavirus patient to hide his travel history from doctors, nurses and burial attendants in Kwara
Metro4 years ago
World’s oldest man,aged 145, discovered in Indonesia
music3 years ago
UNCLE G epic musical video shoot
latest news11 months ago
IMF’s Christine Lagarde resigns as Managing Director