Connect with us

News

US visa ban on Nigeria not well thought– Lai Mohammed

Published

on

The Federal Government, on Monday, said the speculated plan by the U.S. to add Nigeria to its existing list of visa travel ban countries is ill conceived.

Reports emerged last week, indicating that the President Donald Trump’s administration has plans to add seven countries across the world to their travel ban list.

Reacting, the Minister of Information and Culture, Alhaji Lai Mohammed, said although the report is speculative, but if it turns out to be true, the government will respond comprehensively.

He stated this on Monday in London during an interview session with Reuters News Agency.

The minister is in London to officially engage with international media and other think tank.

“On the issue of the travel ban our position is that it is still speculative because we are yet to be communicated. When we are communicated we will respond comprehensively.

“However, in our view it was not well thought out but based largely on negative narratives spread by naysayers.

“I know that we are working very well with our neighbours to ensure that terrorism is addressed. We are working with international community including the EU and the U.S.

“Our advice to the U.S. is that it should have rethink on the issue because any travel ban is bound to affect investment and growth in the country and those who will be affected are the most vulnerable people in Nigeria,” he added.


CLICK TO RECEIVE LATEST JOB NEWS ON YOUR PHONE


CLICK TO RECEIVE LATEST JOB NEWS ON YOUR TELEGRAPH

Contact: [email protected]

  
  

Trending