1. Members of the House of Representatives have warned that Nigeria may suffer another Ebola crisis if measures were not quickly put in place.
The lawmakers said the federal government was not doing enough to prevent another outbreak of the deadly viral disease which is currently ravaging the Democratic Republic of Congo.
2. Adams Oshiomhole, National Leader of the All Progressives Congress, APC, on Tuesday, maintained that President Muhammadu Buhari can govern Nigeria from any part of the world.
Oshiomhole, who made the declaration while berating those criticising Buhari for signing the Deep Offshore and Inland Basin Production Sharing Contract, PSC Amendment Bill into law in London, insisted that Nigeria has gone beyond what he termed “Mungo Park era” where a President is expected to only function from his base.
3. The Senate on Tuesday confirmed the appointment of Justice John Tsoho as the Chief Judge of the Federal High Court.
The confirmation followed a report submitted by Sen. Michael Bamidele, Chairman, Senate Committee on Judiciary, Human Rights and Legal Matters which recommended the confirmation of Tsoho’s appointment.
4. Bola Tinubu, National Leader of the All Progressives Congress, APC, has commended President Muhammadu Buhari for signing the Deep Offshore Act in London.
Tinubu also commended the president’s Chief of Staff, Abba Kyari for traveling to London to present the bill to Buhari for assent.
5. The Biafra Zionists Federation, BZF, on Tuesday called for the immediate withdrawal of troops from all the roads in the defunct Biafra region.
In a statement issued by the self-acclaimed President of BZF, Barr. Benjamin Onwuka, he said the Army Operation should be suspended immediately.
6. The Nigeria Bar Association, NBA, Benin branch has declared three-day boycott of courts.
This is in protest of the recent security situation in Edo state which they alleged led to the kidnap of Justice Chioma Nwosu-Iheme of the Court of Appeal, Benin Division, according to President of the branch, Prince Collins Benson Ogiegbean.
7. The Benue State Governor, Samuel Ortom, has highlighted reasons the President of Meyetti Allah Kautal Hore must be arrested and prosecuted.
Ortom disclosed that the association’s president allegedly threatened states like Benue for rejecting the establishment of the Rural Grazing Area, RUGA, hence the need for his arrest.
8. The front section of the six-storey building gutted by fire on Tuesday in Lagos Island has collapsed, killing a policeman at the scene.
Report had it that part of the six-storey building located at 43 Martins Street, Lagos Island, collapsed around 8:30 p.m. on Tuesday as firemen continued spirited efforts at extinguishing the inferno.
9. The Muslim Rights Concern (MURIC) on Wednesday accused one Alex Chukwugo of kidnapping, raping and impregnating an 18-year-old “Hausa girl.”
MURIC claimed that Chukwugo had abducted Mariam Dauda in January 2019 under the guise of marriage, but she was later found with a baby belonging to him in October.
10. The Chairman, Daar Communications Plc, Chief Raymond Dopkesi, on Tuesday told FCT High Court Apo, that everybody treated him like a plague after his name appeared on the looters’ list released by the Ministry of Information.
Dokpesi stated this while being cross-examined by the defendants’ counsel in a suit he filed before Justice Olukayode Adeniyi, of an FCT High Apo, seeking N5 billion damages from Alhaji Lai Mohammed and the Attorney-General of the Federation (AGF) and Minister of Justice, Abubakar Malami, SAN.
Nigeria records 226 new cases of COVID-19… 131 in Lagos and 25 in Ogun
Buhari government speaks on paying N-Power beneficiaries
Leah Sharibu’s mother ready to accept Boko Haram in-law
Buhari meets with Governors, Ministers as Nigerians await update on lockdown ease
Dokpesi shocked he was administered malaria drugs to cure him of Coronavirus [VIDEO]
Bishop Oyedepo reveals number of COVID-19 cases healed at Winners Chapel
Unilever Nigeria Plc Management Trainee Programme
BREAKING: Abia Commissioner for Environment, Solomon Ogunji is dead
Nollywood actress, Emilia Dike slumps and dies in Enugu
265 new cases of COVID-19 recorded in Nigeria
Man sets pregnant sister ablaze for slapping their mother
Nobody owes you anything, own up to your mistakes and grow – Yemi Alade’s record label boss, Taiye Aliyu tells Cynthia Morgan
Nigeria records 313 new cases of Coronavirus
Woman caught in shrine in Anambra disown by Church
Coronavirus: Makinde relaxes curfew in Oyo, urge farmers to take advantage
I don’t have the power to take Cynthia Morgan’s name, it was given to her by her parents – Jude Okoye shares his own side of the story
50 trafficked Nigerian girls and 19 stranded Nigerians evacuated from Lebanon
Barcelona coach, Quique Setien hits back at Lionel Messi for saying they can’t win the Champions League playing in his style
Oasis Africa Consulting Limited Job Recruitment (3 Positions)
Stock Point Coordinator at an Independent Oil and Gas Operator – Oasis Africa Consulting Limited
Metro4 years ago
Cheating wife stuck to man in an hotel
News2 months ago
Sanusi reveals why he can return as Emir of Kano [Watch video]
latest news3 years ago
N-Power releases names of pre-selected 2017 N-TEACH [FULL LIST]
Entertainment4 years ago
Funke Akindele replies to Buhari’s comment
News2 months ago
Outrage as professor of medicine is accused of “colluding” with late Coronavirus patient to hide his travel history from doctors, nurses and burial attendants in Kwara
Metro4 years ago
World’s oldest man,aged 145, discovered in Indonesia
music3 years ago
UNCLE G epic musical video shoot
latest news10 months ago
IMF’s Christine Lagarde resigns as Managing Director