Hello readers! Here are some of the Nigeria news online today:
- The Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, EFCC, Thursday raided the residence of Ita Ekpeyong, a former director-general of the Department of State Services (DSS).
The officers of the commission, who arrived Ekpeyong’s home just before noon on Thursday, picked up the ex-DSS DG after the raid.
- Newly appointed Acting Director-General of the Department of State Services, DSS, Mathew Seiyifa, has promised to look into complaints of human rights violation against operatives of the service.
Seiyifa, while speaking in Abuja on Thursday, assured that under him, the service would “take a different approach”.
- Mrs. GoldCoast Dickson, mother of Bayelsa State Governor, Seriake Dickson is dead.
The 72-year-old died of breast cancer at the University of Texas M.D. Anderson Cancer Centre, Houston, Texas, United States, a statement by his Chief Press Secretary, Francis Ottah-Agbo said on Thursday.
- The Nigerian Army has said its troops had successfully repelled an attack coordinated by Boko Haram insurgents on a military formation at Gundari, Guzamala Local Government Area of Borno State.
The troops also killed seven Boko Haram insurgents, while several others were wounded in the attack.
- The National Assembly has decided to cut short its recess and will reconvene on Tuesday, August 14.
The Deputy Speaker of the House of Representatives, Yussuff Lasun, who disclosed this to newsmen on Thursday evening, said the agenda upon resumption will primarily be the presidential budget request to fund INEC’s operations for the 2019 election.
- The Federal High Court, Abuja, on Thursday ordered the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC), to appear before it over the freezing of the Benue Government account. Justice Babatunde Quadri, gave the order after listening to submissions by counsel to Benue Government, Mr Emeka Etiaba (SAN).
Other defendants in the suit are the Speaker, Benue House of Assembly, the Clerk, Benue House of Assembly, Benue House of Assembly, and the Auditor General, Benue State.
- The governorship candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party in Osun State, Senator Ademola Adeleke, has said he gained admission into the university he attended in the United States without presenting his West African School Certificate Examination result.
Adeleke said this in Ede on Thursday while reacting to the dismissal of the suit filed against his eligibility before Justice David Oladimeji of the Osun State High Court.
- The Chairman, Presidential Advisory Committee Against Corruption, Prof Itse Sagay (SAN), has called on the Senate President, Bukola Saraki to vacate his seat for the sake of morality.
The senior advocate said having a member of the minority party as the President of the Senate was an aberration anywhere in the world.
- The Inspector-General of Police, Ibrahim Idris, has written to the Acting President, Yemi Osinbajo, seeking permission to search the residence of the sacked Director-General of the Department of State Services, Lawal Daura.
In a letter written by the IG, titled, “Interim Investigation Report on Criminal Conspiracy to wit trespass, intimidation and unlawful invasion of National Assembly complex with intent likely to cause breach of public peace,” the police boss recommended that the DSS operatives who partook in the invasion must also be released to the police for questioning.
- The Inspector General of Police, Ibrahim Idris, has submitted report on Tuesday’s siege at the National Assembly to Acting President Yemi Osinbajo.
The IGP indicted the sacked Director General of the Department of State Services (DSS), Lawal Daura.
Nigeria records 226 new cases of COVID-19… 131 in Lagos and 25 in Ogun
Buhari meets with Governors, Ministers as Nigerians await update on lockdown ease
Unilever Nigeria Plc Management Trainee Programme
BREAKING: Abia Commissioner for Environment, Solomon Ogunji is dead
265 new cases of COVID-19 recorded in Nigeria
Nollywood actress, Emilia Dike slumps and dies in Enugu
216 new cases of COVID-19 recorded in Nigeria as confirmed cases rise to 6175
50 trafficked Nigerian girls and 19 stranded Nigerians evacuated from Lebanon
Market Development Officer (MDO) at the Federal Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Development (FMARD) – FGN/IFAD-VCDP Project
I had dirts on Jude Okoye, but I didn’t fight him because I didn’t think it was necessary – Cynthia Morgan
U.S. Mission to Nigeria Job Recruitment
Travel Coordinator (USEFMs) at the U.S. Consulate General, Lagos
Registered Nurse at the U.S. Embassy in Abuja
Executive Secretary at the Nigerian Institute of Electrical and Electronic Engineers (NIEEE)
Internship & Exp. Jobs at HOR Logistics (3 Positions)
Dispatch Rider at HOR Logistics
Customer Service Officer at HOR Logistics
Human Resource Intern at HOR Logistics
Women Friendly Initiative (WFI) Job Recruitment (5 Positions)
Youth Advocacy Officer at Women Friendly Initiative (WFI) – Lagos and Kano
Metro4 years ago
Cheating wife stuck to man in an hotel
News2 months ago
Sanusi reveals why he can return as Emir of Kano [Watch video]
latest news3 years ago
N-Power releases names of pre-selected 2017 N-TEACH [FULL LIST]
Entertainment4 years ago
Funke Akindele replies to Buhari’s comment
News2 months ago
Outrage as professor of medicine is accused of “colluding” with late Coronavirus patient to hide his travel history from doctors, nurses and burial attendants in Kwara
Metro4 years ago
World’s oldest man,aged 145, discovered in Indonesia
music3 years ago
UNCLE G epic musical video shoot
latest news10 months ago
IMF’s Christine Lagarde resigns as Managing Director