Connect with us

celebrity news

Prince Andrew’s lawyers blast US Justice Department over how he’s being treated in Jeffrey Epstein investigation

Published

on

Legal representatives of the Duke of York, Prince Andrew, have lashed out at the US justice department over how it has treated their client in the investigation of late pedophile, Jeffrey Epstein.

According to Blackfords LLP, Prince Andrew has offered to assist the US Department of Justice (DOJ) as a witness in Epstein’s investigations on at least three occasions this year”, but that the DOJ was seeking publicity by officially asking the duke to be made available for questioning as a witness into the Epstein probe.

Shortly after an interview about his relationship with Epstein last year, the duke said he was “willing to help any appropriate law enforcement agency with their investigations, if required”.

And then in a bombshell report published on Sunday, it was revealed the DOJ submitted a mutual legal assistance (MLA) request to the UK Home Office to question the prince as a witness in a criminal investigation into Epstein, a convicted paedophile who died in a US prison while awaiting a trial for sex trafficking charges.

The report revealed that the MLA request, is used to obtain help in an investigation or prosecution of criminal offences involving allies US and UK, generally when co-operation cannot be obtained by law enforcement agencies.

Prince Andrew’s legal representatives have now responded to the report, saying they decided to make their first public statement on conversations with the US justice department following “misleading media briefings”.

”Prince Andrew has offered to assist the US Department of Justice (DOJ) as a witness in Epstein’s investigations on at least three occasions this year”

“Unfortunately, the DOJ has reacted to the first two offers by breaching their own confidentiality rules and claiming that the duke has offered zero co-operation,” his lawyers said.

“In doing so, they are perhaps seeking publicity rather than accepting the assistance proffered.”

Prince Andrew’s lawyers continued: ”Any pursuit of an application for mutual legal assistance would be disappointing, since the Duke of York is not a target of the DOJ investigation and has recently repeated his willingness to provide a witness statement.

“It is hoped that this third offer has not been the cause of the most recent leak about the Duke of York.”

Click to comment

Leave a Reply

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

celebrity news

Actress, Beverly Osu recounts her ordeal with SARS officials

Published

on

Nollywood actress, Beverly Osu has narrated her ordeal with officials of the disbanded Special Anti-Robbery Squad (SARS).

According to the 28-year-old model, she was beaten up and arrested by SARS for no reason. Further adding that she was taken from Ikate to Ojuelegba around 1am and had to be bailed out 2 hours later.

Beverly, who joined the protest at Lekki toll gate also appealed to her non-Nigerian fans and family to lend their voices to the movement against police brutality and extra-judicial killings.

Her post reads,

We want a total Reformation of the Nigerian police force …

I’ve been beaten and arrested by SARS, Taken from IKATE to OJUELEGBA around 1am 🥺
I literally had to be BAILED OUT of prison after being locked up for nothing . 2 hours later #shareyourstory

To My Non – Nigerian fans & family
📍If you claim you love Nigerian Music,
You watch Nigerian Movies ,
You’re dating/married to a Nigerian, you do businesses with Nigerians
Join Us ✊🏿✊🏿
Type #ENDSARSNOW
We did this for #BLM , Do this for us…

Continue Reading

celebrity news

Prince Harry and Meghan Markle pictured at pricey steakhouse as they celebrate David Foster and Katharine McPhee’s pregnancy news (photos)

Published

on

Prince Harry and Meghan enjoyed a double date to celebrate the pregnancy of close friends David Foster, 70, and Katharine McPhee, 36.

The Duke and Duchess of Sussex were seen chatting with their celebrity guests on Tuesday evening, October 6, at dinner in Montecito, California, during a rare outing after it was announced the pair are expecting their first child together.

It’s the first time the couple have been seen out in Montecito since they had moved into a sprawling $14 million mansion in the Californian town near Santa Barbara.

Photos obtained by DailyMail show the foursome dining at Lucky’s Steakhouse. McPhee and Foster arrived first at Lucky’s at 7:20pm, while Harry and Meghan pulled up 10 minutes later in a chauffeured SUV with security.

Prince Harry and Meghan Markle pictured at pricey steakhouse as they celebrate David Foster and Katharine McPhee.

News that the 36-year-old actress is pregnant with the 70-year-old record producer’s child was confirmed by People Thursday. It will be Katharine’s first child and David’s sixth.

See photos,

Continue Reading

celebrity news

”Somebody’s wife”- Khafi tweets amidst rumors she and Gedoni had a private court wedding (photos)

Published

on

Reality TV star, Khafi, took to her Twitter handle to let us know she is ”somebody’s wife.”

This comes amidst reports that she and Gedoni had a quiet court wedding two weeks ago.

The couple met during the Big Brother season 4 reality TV show and got engaged in December 2019.

Both Khafi and Gedoni now go about rocking ”wedding bands.”

Continue Reading

Trending