Connect with us

Entertainment

N20m for grab as Frank Edoho returns to Who Wants to be a Millionaire

Published

on


The Nigerian television presenter, Frank Edoho, will return as host of ‘Who Wants To Be A Millionaire (WWTBAM)’, the highly acclaimed game show.

Stakeholders of the show spoke of Frank Edoho’s return during a press event at the Federal Palace Hotel, Victoria Island, Lagos.

At the press briefing, the organisers also talked about the imminent return of the game show which went off the air in 2017.

They said the prize to be won on the show, which is to be broadcast for 52 weeks, is now N20 million.

Ahead of the rerun, themed “The Rebirth”, the organisers said additions like “asking the host” have been made to aid contestants when they are stuck on questions.

Other lifeline elements on the TV game show are “50-50”, “Call a Friend”, and “Ask the Audience”.

Originally a British show, WWTBAM was adapted for Nigerians and was well followed during its 13-years run.

Frank Edoho had hosted the show from its inception on October 8, 2004 debut until September 2, 2017.

He had exited by announcing on Twitter that he would no longer host the show because he did not reach an agreement with the organisers of the show on certain conditions.

One of the past winners of the show includes Osazuwa Osahon Daniels, who went home with N5 million in 2009.

Others are Aroma Chimuanya, who got N10 million in 2009; Babatunde Oladipo, who walked away with N5 million in 2010; and Nnaemeka Ubaekwena, who left the show N5 million richer in 2012.

Hakeem Condotti, CEO of BLK HUT media, the licensee and production house, had earlier said the desire of the organisers is to deliver creative, intelligent, and professional content that will show range and capa

Advertisement
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

Advertisement

Trending